We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Lighthouse Southland provides, accessible and effective support for whānau affected by violence in our community through the provision of a range of educational programmes and services. These programmes support victims to become free from violence challenge the acceptance of violence within our society and provide individuals with the personal development, skills and tools necessary to stop the cycle of violence.
About the Opportunity
Lighthouse Southland currently has an amazing opportunity available for an Adolescent Programme Coordinator/Facilitator to join our team and contribute to our organisation’s goals through the successful delivery of our services and programmes. Focusing on 12 to 17 year olds, this role offers the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young people. It is a great opportunity to demonstrate your passion for engaging with rangatahi and positively contributing to their individual and whānau outcomes.
Our ideal Adolescent Programme Coordinator / Facilitator will have:
- A passion for working with young people
- The ability to effectively deal with challenging behaviour
- An empathetic, flexible and non-judgemental approach to their work
- A general understanding and experience of trauma-informed practice
- The ability to work both independently and in collaboration with a range of other professionals
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to easily engage and build rapport with rangatahi
- A high level of initiative and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- General skills around technology and administration
- An understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and a commitment to applying the relevant principles in your work
Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Oranga Tamariki Act 1989, Family Violence Act 2018, Family Violence Amendments Act 2018 and Children’s Act 2014) would be useful, as would some experience in teaching or programme delivery, or working with teachers and/or parents.
What’s in it for You?
Our Adolescent Programme Coordinator/Facilitator will enjoy a challenging and rewarding role as part of a great team who are committed to making positive changes in our community. In addition, life in Southland offers a wide range of benefits. Affordable housing, short commutes, quality schooling, world-class sports facilities, and a massive inner-city redevelopment project all make Invercargill a family friendly city and a fantastic place to live, work and play! In the weekends you have Queenstown, Central Otago, Fiordland, Stewart Island and the Catlins all right on our doorstep waiting to be explored!
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you! This is a .6 part-time role but there is the opportunity to build to a full-time role through training towards delivering adult non-violence programmes.
Please contact Tracey Wayte at HR South: firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 083 34633 for information or apply online now.
Applications close: 29 August 2022