We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
ST MARGARET’S COLLEGE
- Dunedin Location
- Unique Opportunity to lead an Independent Tertiary College
- Experienced Academic Leader and General Manager
About The Role/Te mahi:
Reporting to the College Council, the College Master provides the strategic, academic and day-to-day leadership of St Margaret’s College – for members of the college and for staff. The Master has the responsibility of developing and leading a supportive and caring environment, and creating a community in which members flourish academically, creatively and as good citizens. An important component of the role is the ability to perform effectively and professionally in an increasingly challenging and complex tertiary environment. Within this is the need to be able to handle sometimes difficult and complex situations, including mental health and resident well-being related incidents.
In addition to the members, the Master has overall responsibility for the 16 full/part-time staff, 11 College Leaders and three House Managers and is supported in this by the Dean of Students. The College Leaders are returning residents who have been carefully selected for their leadership and caring skills and who have undertaken comprehensive team-building and training programmes.
Skills & Experience/Kā pūkeka ma kā wheako:
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead an academic community.
- A genuine interest in young people, supporting them to flourish academically and as good citizens.
- Successful experience in having challenging conversations and handling conflict.
- A mature understanding of behavioural boundaries and the ability to provide appropriate pastoral care, and is approachable and visible.
- An understanding of spirituality in a secular society.
- A caring and supportive style, with high EQ and a firm but flexible approach to solving problems.
- Demonstrated high personal resilience.
- Commitment to maintaining high ethical standards in all academic and professional dealings – has a strong moral compass and high integrity.
- Ability to represent and act as the face of the College, commanding academic respect, and upholding the reputation of the College.
- Political astuteness.
- A deep understanding of tertiary education and a passionate belief in its value.
- A post-graduate University qualification (preferably a doctorate) is an essential requirement.
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Strategic vision, decision-making ability and a collegial management style.
- Proven leadership and management experience.
- A unique and diverse position, offering a high level of role autonomy and associated challenges and rewards.
- A hands-on leadership role, supporting young people to thrive in their studies, make wonderful friends, have healthy fun, develop as individuals and contributing members of society.
- Leading a caring and dedicated team.
- Competitive package including accommodation, meals provision, study leave and KiwiSaver.
About the College:
St Margaret’s College was founded in 1911 and is an independent college with a long formal affiliation with the University of Otago. Having developed an enviable reputation of excellence in the support and accommodation provided for its 224 members (tertiary students), St Margaret’s College prides itself on strong academic support for its members as well as providing rewarding social and cultural experiences – with an ultimate aim of developing well rounded, socially minded, excellent citizens.
The location of the College is central within the University campus, which enables students to experience the campus life and ensures easy access to student facilities and activities.
The successful candidate will be employed directly by St Margaret’s College.
Candidates can view a Candidate Briefing document and apply, in strict confidence, online at www.sheffield.co.nz.
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 8254UO. Applications close on 24 July 2022. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0) 274 478 102.