The runtime for Home windows Varieties, Microsoft’s UI framework for constructing Home windows desktop functions, was spruced up with the current launch of .NET 6.0, though high-DPI and scaling points stay to be resolved for the appliance.
In a bulletin on Home windows Varieties enhancements revealed November 16, Microsoft mentioned it had been working by way of the “excessive DPI area” making an attempt to get Home windows Varieties functions to correctly help PerMonitorV2 mode, a DPI consciousness mode that enables functions to right away render appropriately each time the DPI modifications.
PerMonitorV2 help has been a difficult enterprise and “sadly, we couldn’t obtain as a lot as we hoped,” Igor Velikorossov, software program engineer for Home windows Varieties at Microsoft, mentioned. However progress has been made within the .NET 6 launch, with help for creating controls in the identical DPI consciousness as the appliance, and proper scaling of
ContainerControl and MDI little one home windows in PerMonitorV2 mode in most eventualities.
Microsoft cited numerous different modifications for Home windows Varieties in .NET 6.0, which was launched on November 8:
- A extra streamlined Home windows Varieties utility bootstrap that enables sharing of configuration data between the runtime and the designer throughout growth.
- Additionally for utility bootstrapping, Visible Fundamental in .NET 6.0 intruduces a brand new utility occasion,
ApplyApplicationDefaults, to outline application-wide settings within the typical Visible Fundamental approach. Additionally, designer help for the default font configured through MSBuild properties is coming within the close to future.
- Templates have been up to date for C# to help
world utilizingdirectives, file-scoped namespaces, and nullable reference varieties.
- For accessibility, there’s improved help for assistive know-how.
- Porting has been accomplished for lacking designers and designer-related infrastructure to allow constructing a common goal designer.
- New overloads have been carried out for
Management.BeginInvoke()strategies that take
Func<T>and permit writing of extra fashionable and extra concise code.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.