Mō tō mātou āhuatanga | Who we are
Tonkin + Taylor is New Zealand’s leading engineering and environmental consultancy, renowned for our technical excellence in solving complex challenges. We are proudly a New Zealand, employee-owned company and our collective mission is to create and sustain a better world.
T+T is proudly part of Piritahi – an alliance of companies formed to speed up the supply of build-ready land. We’re working on the large-scale developments in Auckland overseen by Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities. We prepare government-owned land for development and deliver new and upgraded infrastructure and amenity on behalf of Kāinga Ora – Homes and Communities.
Our responsibilities include pre-construction and delivery of programmes of work that include the removal of old state houses no longer fit for purpose; land remediation; arranging consents related to earthworks and infrastructure; construction of roads, parks and utilities, and looking after the communities we’re working in as we go.
We also have several focus areas spanning our scope of work, meaning we collaborate to create outcomes that are far from business as usual! Be part of the Piritahi alliance developing a practical solution to Auckland’s housing challenges.
Kei te hiahia mātou ki ōu | We want your skills
We currently have a great opportunity for a Land Remediation Specialist to join us. Based in Auckland, you’ll learn from some of the most experienced specialists in the industry. You’ll also work closely with a range of other professionals: planners, ecologists, geotechnical and civil engineers.
Some of the things you will be doing include:
- Designing, scoping and delivering site investigations and prepare land remediation reporting
- Planning and then supervising or carrying out technical project elements
- Planning and supervising pre-demolition building surveys and clearance assessments
- Developing and implementing environmental monitoring strategies and requirements related to building demolition, land remediation and civil construction phases of work; and
- Contributing specialist expertise during design and construction phases related to land remediation and building demolition
Opportunities on brown field projects like this do not come around often! If you are someone who thrives in a complex and dynamic environment, then we want to hear from you.
Kei te whakapono mātou ki tō whanaketanga | We want to develop you
With projects spanning multiple urban environments across Auckland, and an up-to 5-year programme of work, this is a rare opportunity to be part of an alliance that will have a lasting impact upon the city’s communities. Surrounded by industry experts from six different companies all with a common purpose, working at Piritahi is lined with incredible development opportunities.
T+T provides a rich learning environment for individuals to grow and develop every day. You’re in the driver’s seat when it comes to your learning, and there are heaps of opportunities to tap into a wealth of knowledge, expertise and formal development opportunities.
Na tōu rourou | What you’ll bring
- A BSc with an earth sciences, environmental, geology and/or chemistry focus or BE (Civil/Environmental)
- Ideally 4-7 years of experience but flexible for the right candidate
- Worksafe NZ Asbestos Assessor Licence and/or Suitably Qualified and Experienced Practitioner with different levels of industry experience (investigator/manager) as defined in the NES Soil Users Guide
- Experience conducting asbestos building surveys and associated asbestos removal monitoring / clearance
- Experience conducting field monitoring work for environmental assessments, and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written including experience writing reports and proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A valid New Zealand Driver’s License
Ngā Hua | Our benefits
- Exposure to a variety of professional experts and projects; T+T are involved in a number of large-scale alliance projects, as well as smaller community focused projects
- A highly supportive team environment where you are encouraged to pave your own career path that caters to your ambitions
- Professional memberships and continued education support
- A flexible working culture and formal flexible working arrangements including part time working and ability to purchase extra leave
- Internal training programs
- Mentoring programs
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance and wellbeing programme
- A very active social club
- Free fruit baskets and morning teas (we love morning teas at T+T!)
- Additional parental leave, salary top-up and a back to work coaching programme (as per policy)
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
We embrace flexible working at T+T and aim to work in a way that serves the needs of our people, clients and communities. Our flexible working culture enables us to work flexibly to create better work and life experiences. We welcome applicants who wish to work part-time or flexible hours.
Te Rongoā Ārai Mate Korona | The COVID-19 vaccine
Here at T+T, the health and safety of our whānau is our top priority. Our Board has made the decision that vaccination will be required for anyone wanting to access our offices and facilities under the Red and Orange levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework. This applies to all persons, including employees, clients, suppliers and all visitors, and will come into effect once the COVID-19 Protection Framework is enacted.
For potential employees, we have assessed that most roles will require office access. Therefore, we will be asking you to share your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of our interview process.
Toroa tā mātou pae tukutuku mō ētehi atu kōrero | For more information, check out our website
APPLY NOW! Or for further information on T+T, go to: http://www.tonkintaylor.co.nz. T+T is not only a place to work – it’s a place where your work will make a difference.
‘Everyone Matters’ is one of our three core values at T+T, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce who foster inclusion, participation, and equal opportunity.
We are proud to be an Immigration New Zealand Accredited Employer, a member of Diversity Works, and Partners of TupuToa and Pūhoro STEMM Academy. We particularly encourage speakers of Te Reo Māori or Pasifika languages to apply.
T+T have a partnership with Rainbow Tick and are actively working towards accreditation – we absolutely welcome applicants from rainbow communities.