We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Are you able to work at a strategic and operational level?
- Do you have managerial experience delivering student administrative systems and processes?
- Will you be able to manage competing and changing priorities, and deliver to deadlines?
Mō Te Herenga Waka – About Our University
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is a global-civic university with our marae at our heart. This iho draws off our heritage and is further defined by our tūrangawaewae, in particular Wellington, Aotearoa, and the Asia-Pacific, all of which are expressed in our position as Aotearoa New Zealand’s globally ranked capital city university.
Our core ethical values are respect, responsibility, fairness, integrity, and empathy. These core ethical values are demonstrated in our commitment to sustainability, wellbeing, inclusivity, equity, diversity, collegiality, and openness. With, and as, tangata whenua, we value Te Tiriti o Waitangi, rangatiratanga, manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga, whai mātauranga, whanaungatanga, and akoranga.
Kōrero mō te tūranga – About the role
Te Herenga Waka – Victoria University of Wellington is currently recruiting for a Manager, Student Success (Architecture and Design) to join Tītoko – Centre for Student Success. The role is responsible for the development, management and oversight of holistic student support and student administrative processes to ensure consistency, quality and efficiency of service to relevant stakeholders. We have vacancies across several faculties and campus locations.
The role is also responsible for managing, training and developing a team of Team Leaders and Senior Student Success Advisers and ensuring the team deliver a consistently high-quality, efficient and effective service to students.
The role sits within the newly established Tītoko – Centre for Student Success. Tītoko is an innovative student-focused centre established to extend the student-university relationship in new ways that increase students’ ability to succeed academically. Tītoko is responsible for providing streamlined, consistent and integrated services that meet the needs of our diverse population.
- Support the Associate Director, Student Success, with the strategic management, development and implementation of the Student Success holistic support model.
- Oversee the operational management of key business processes which include effective planning, and delivery of all student academic, administration and advisory processes for the team and Tītoko in accordance with University regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Advise and input into academic processes in terms of planning and decision-making, as an attendee of the designated Faculty Board, Faculty Management team, and relevant Faculty Committees.
- Provide effective leadership, management and coaching to the team to drive and maintain alignment with the University’s strategic goals, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Framework goals and the University’s Māori and core ethical values.
- Implement and maintain practices based on accountability and service delivery. For example, reporting, analytics and insights, dashboards, team stand ups and agile principles.
- Ensure individual and team delivery to agreed expectations by understanding key priorities and making appropriate resourcing decisions to meet them.
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement, high performing and innovative culture within their team by encouraging creativity, balanced risk-taking and trust.
Ō pūmanawa – About you
You will thrive in this role with an excellent manner with people, an ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of people in all situations, and self-management skills.
You will be a highly organised self-starter and natural relationship builder, who relishes working autonomously as well as contributing positively to a high performing team.
You have the ability to identify and analyse issues and problems, considers alternatives, make sound decisions and commit to a course of action.
- Tertiary degree, or comparable professional experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated managerial experience delivering student administrative systems and processes.
- Proven ability to work successfully at a strategic and operational level.
- Proven ability to manage competing and changing priorities and deliver to deadlines.
- Proven ability to effectively develop, motivate and manage a team.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships.
- Experienced engaging with a diverse range of people.
Ētahi kōrero hai āwhina i a koe – Why you should join our team
Our team is fast-paced, likes sharing ideas, and working in a collaborative style. We offer you flexible working arrangements and exciting career pathways. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to be part of a new innovative student-focussed centre and work with a great team of people to enhance the student experience at Victoria University.
Close Date for Vacancy: 19 January 2022.
Contact Details for Vacancy: If you have any questions regarding this role please get in touch with Kate Major (Kate.firstname.lastname@example.org). But applicants should follow all steps listed below.
Important – Application Steps and information
For applicants who are not NZ Citizens or Permanent Residents, we recommend you check the NZ Immigration website for updates related to Covid19 restrictions on entry to New Zealand: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19.
Download and complete the University Application Form.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position then email the completed application form, cover letter and any other supporting documentation to email@example.com stating the reference number and position title from the advert in the subject line.