We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Are you passionate about engaging visitors with the history and stories of New Zealand’s Parliament, and creating meaningful experiences for a wide range of people?
Te tĪma | The team:
Our Visitor Centre Team provides professional, informative and memorable visitor experiences to the general public and other visitors through guided tours, virtual activities, and informal interactions with a wide variety of people at Parliament. We aim to facilitate closer connections for people with the Parliament of Aotearoa, and to make Parliament a more accessible and approachable place for everyone.
Mō te tūnga | About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaging Parliament Visitor Host | Kairāhiri to help us deliver excellent visitor experiences for all visitors to Parliament. You will be the first point of contact for the general public, tour groups, and other manuhiri, and will be able to provide a warm and professional welcome, efficient service, engaging experiences, and effective problem solving for everyone you meet.
This is an exciting time to join our Visitor Centre Team, as we develop new ways of engaging with our visitors and expand our offering to enable us to better meet the needs of our visitors. This is a fast-paced environment where no one day is ever the same. You will be required to think on your feet and adapt quickly to new challenges or demands that come your way.
Ngā haepapa | Responsibilities:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment at Parliament, where visitors are informed and engaged
- Ensure Parliament is an accessible experience for all visitors
- Connect people with the mahi of Parliament through tours, retail, and effective customer service
- Contribute to the safety and security of Parliament through health and safety procedures and proactive reporting
- Contribute to the evolution of our visitor offer, and proactively participate in new initiatives.
Tō kete | What you will bring to the role:
- Great people skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- The ability to work well within a team
- A love for storytelling and engaging people in history, culture, and civic ideas
- An ability to adapt and learn quickly, and a positive approach to change
- Problem solving and organisational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
Why work for Parliamentary Service/ Office of the Clerk?
- We actively represent our values of Accountability, Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Integrity and Empowerment.
- We offer a thorough induction, on-going development and excellent working conditions.
- We offer a range of benefits including study assistance, 5 weeks annual leave and flexible working. arrangements. Our ever-changing environment we work in allows us to be part of the action at Parliament including attending question time, select committees and other key events.
We are looking for someone who is available to work up to 40 hours per week, please indicate your preference for part-time or full-time work in your application.
Ideally you would be available to pick up additional hours during the week from time to time to cover our busy periods over the school holidays, annual leave and sick leave.
The appointing salary range for this role is $57,361 to $67,208 per annum. Appointments will be based on skills and experience (please note, the full salary range extends beyond this to allow for tenure progression).
Click the APPLY button and include your resume and cover letter. Applications close at 5.00pm, Monday 18 July 2022.
For any queries or to arrange a confidential kōrero, please email email@example.com or contact the Recruitment Advisor managing this recruitment, Jess Bond, 04 817 6068.
The Parliamentary Service and the Office of the Clerk appoint on merit and are committed to diversity and inclusion and good employer principles. We welcome applicants from all walks of life and value the experience that your point of difference brings.