Kansas City – USA – Part time jobs for students
If this is what you believe in, then you’re definitely right for us. And, we might be the right bank for you.
The Teller role requires a very careful adherence to well-defined work where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise in nature and requires a very strong attention to detail. It is vital for the work output to be very high quality, with correct results, time and time again. Checking and double-checking is often necessary; individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious. Both the content and the presentation are important; all work must be highly polished. There is little ambiguity in this job. It is very clear what needs to be done, and what the expected results are. This clarity will come either from the company’s management, or from established professional disciplines and processes. The established procedures and processes must be followed very closely; there is little room or necessity to modify them. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace. There is much consistency and familiarity from one day to the next. It is generally feasible to plan large blocks of work ahead of time. When work duties do change, there is ample foresight and time to prepare. The work is best accomplished working as an individual, without a great dependence on other people or “politics” for results. The work is helpful in nature; providing support and/or service to others in an environment free from competition. Interacting with customers requires a professional, formal manner where the focus is on completing the task pleasantly and correctly.
As a Teller, you will provide exceptional customer service, and spend the majority of your time working with clients. You will be responsible for a variety of tasks including introducing clients to new products and services, processing account transactions, helping resolve client concerns, handling transactions accurately and efficiently, achieving specific sales and service goals while balancing operational duties, and following the Customer Privacy and Information Policy & Procedure for communication with clients. Additionally, Tellers are expected to always balance their cash drawers, build a great rapport with clients and fellow associates, and treat others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
All associates are expected to maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Desired Qualifications: Ideal candidates for this position should possess some or all of the following qualifications:
- 6 Mo. previous teller experience or relevant job experience
- Strong client service skills
- Cash handling experience
- Bilingual language skills
- Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively to internal and external clients.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work accurately.
- Client service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
- Ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Capacity to work with multiple computer and software systems.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as cash back and percentages.
- Hours can vary from M-F and Saturday.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
- Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend, lift at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
Thank you for your application!
The Bank is committed to providing qualified applicants and associates reasonable accommodation, when necessary, to enable the individuals to complete the application process and/or perform the essential functions of the job. An applicant and/or associate requiring reasonable accommodation to perform any essential job function, should contact Human Resources.
The Bank’s policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. The Bank is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Selected candidate(s) for hire must complete the following prior to employment: a criminal history report, global screen, drug screen, employment credit report and if applicable, a driving record. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.