Tyndale Park Christian School (TPCS) is inviting applications for the position of part-time Primary and Intermediate Music Teacher. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of the TPCS music curriculum to students from Years 1 to 8 (the range of year levels may possibly be able to be negotiated).
Music classes are presently offered following a class music approach. The school has adequate resources for teaching students recorder, ukelele and marimba, and we want our students not only to develop an appreciation for psalms, hymns and spiritual songs but also to learn how to compose their own music. This position is about 0.2 FTTE.
The ideal candidate
- is flexible!
- loves the Lord
- is involved in their local church
- has a heart of service
- has a willingness to learn
- can clearly articulate what Christian education is and what it looks like in the context of teaching music
- must be a team player
- supports the mission, philosophy of Christian education and statement of faith of our school.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to arrange a visit to the school.
Position commences: Tuesday, 1 February 2022
Applications will close: As soon as enough suitable candidates are found. Please email the principal, Barend Blom, at email@example.com with:
- A cover letter explaining why you are applying for the position
- A brief statement of your testimony of conversion, i.e. how you came to faith in Jesus Christ and what impact that has had on your life
- A curriculum vitae
- The names and contact details of at least two employers, one being your present employer and one being a former employer
- The name and contact details of your pastor
- The name and contact details of a friend who can comment on your character and your walk with the Lord