We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Sep 6, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
About North Shore Community College:
North Shore Community College is a diverse, caring, inclusive community that inspires our students to become engaged citizens and to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals through accessible, affordable, rigorous educational opportunities that are aligned with our region’s workforce needs and will prepare them for life in a changing world. NSCC is one of 15 Massachusetts community colleges, which serves the 26 cities and towns north of Boston. Since its founding in 1965, NSCC has grown from a single leased building to an urban campus in downtown Lynn and a suburban campus in Danvers, and from five to 80 academic programs of study. Nearly 50,000 students have graduated from NSCC. The college is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
PT Professional Tutor (Learning Specialist)
Campus Location: Remote and Lynn (hybrid)
Day and evening hours available, up to 12 hours per week
Non-benefited, MCCC unit position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Conduct individual and, on occasion, small-group tutoring sessions in both English as a Second Language and Spanish.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tutor students in area(s) of expertise
- Encourage students to develop a systematic approach to studying that will serve them throughout their college career.
- Help maintain TutorTrac and/or EAB Navigate records of student attendance and learning progress;
- Attend required tutor meetings throughout the semester;
- Assist students in making appointments and logging in/out of center
- Perform other duties consistent with the position of Professional Tutor.
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- Fluency in both English and Spanish
- Experience tutoring and/or teaching English and/or Spanish;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate qualities of patience and empathy; respect for students of all genders, gender identities, cultural/ethnic backgrounds, ages, and abilities.
- Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations
- Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or a National background check as a condition of employment.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all North Shore Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
SALARY: $30.03per hour. Non-benefited, MCCC unit position
STARTING DATE: Anticipated September 6, 2022
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Submit cover letter and resume. Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide the name, address, email and telephone number of at least three current professional references before the interview takes place.