We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Tēnā koe. Nau mai ki te Kuratini Tuwhera.
Mō te tūnga | About the role
ACADEMIC STAFF MEMBER – ECONOMICS, STATISTICS, and FINANCIAL SERVICES
We are looking for someone to come add value to the Business and Enterprise team in a full-time permanent role. You will be joining an existing team of tutors who teach across the two business degrees, the NZ Diploma in Business and also our Financial Services programme.
This position is an academic delivery role, where you will be teaching students on our online platform in a range of subject areas, predominately in the economics domain but other areas of interest are statistics and financial services and general business areas. You will have strong skills and experience in some or all of these areas.
You will be responsible for:
- Teaching courses in the Open Distance Flexible Learning (ODFL) modality utilising interactive technology and best practice professional standards for online distance learning
- Providing feedback on course materials and assessments as required
- Using innovative technology and appropriate interactive teaching strategies to facilitate student learning
- Providing students with targeted and specific support that develops their knowledge and understanding of subject matter
- Working collaboratively within a team environment, that includes our contracted marking workforce, student mentors and other teaching staff
- Providing feedback to Programme Delivery Managers on course and programme delivery matters
Ngā pūkenga mo te tūnga | What you will bring to the role
You will have a passion for impacting the lives of everyday people and seeing them achieve their educational goals and dreams. You will also constantly be striving to be the best you can be, just as our students do and you pride yourself on the quality of your work.
The ideal candidate will have;
- A background in economics, statistics, financial services and general business knowledge
- A relevant post-graduate qualification
- Previous employment as a financial advisor
- High level of skill using computers and applications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- A high level of judgement, flexibility, self-motivation and responsiveness
- Passion for education
Mō mātou | About us
The Kuratini Tuwhera is Aotearoa New Zealand’s leading distance and online learning provider. We are also a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga – New Zealand Institute of Skills and Technology, together with all other Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics in Aotearoa New Zealand. Set up as part of the Government’s Reform of Vocational Education, Te Pūkenga is creating a national network of online, on-campus and on-job learning. Under this exciting new direction, Open Polytechnic will be fully incorporated within the new organisation from 2023.
We specialise in taking the learning to our students, focusing on enabling the success of approximately 30,000 students each year. We’re a place where you can make a difference.
We offer a wide range of learning disciplines from Real Estate to Social Work, Construction and Education. From our Academic Staff Members to our Student Journey Centre, we ensure our students are at the heart of everything we do, every step of the way.
Ngā hua o tō tomo mai ki a mātou – Why you should join our team
We offer our people free education (50% off for whanau) free car parking on campus, flexible working options (including some working from home), a modernised working environment, subsidised school holiday programmes for your children, free fitness classes, and an on-site café.
We are proud of our kaimahi and value every contribution from all of our people.
Tono mai | Apply now
If this role sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Applications must be submitted online via our career’s website. Contact Leanna Burnett firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the role. Applications close 11pm 14 August 2022.
Noho ora mai. Tēnā koe.