We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Job Type: Permanent/Part-time
Closing date: Sunday, 26 June 2022
Blind Low Vision NZ is the leading national provider of vision rehabilitation services for people who are blind, deafblind or have low vision. Now more than ever, the opportunities are here to make a real difference for people with sight loss, and you’ll help us achieve our vision of empowering New Zealanders who are blind, deafblind or low vision, to live the life they choose. As well as supporting individuals, we seek to make big-picture change by advocating for inclusive communities and for optimal eye care services for all New Zealanders. We have a rich history stretching back to 1890 and as we continue to connect people with sight loss to expert staff and their peers, we also continue to be one of New Zealand’s most trusted and iconic not for profit organisations.
This role is key to helping us achieve our vision of empowering and supporting New Zealanders who are blind or who have low vision. You will be travelling across Auckland to assist our clients to use adaptive communications and technology. This enables our clients to participate fully within their home, community, study and work environments. You will be using your excellent interpersonal skills to work with each client to identify their individual needs. You will then create and put in place a training program to enable them to achieve their goals. This will include configuring the accessibility settings in mainstream technology such as computers, smartphones and tablets as well as the use of specialist devices.
- Identify individual needs and goals through comprehensive assessing.
- Deliver individualised training both 1:1 and in small groups.
- Provide detailed reports to meet operational requirements, as well as reports to external agencies such as ACC, Support Fund Services and funders.
- Provide advice and support to clients.
- Keep up to date with the latest technology and assess its accessibility.
- Work towards gaining certification in Braille.
You will report to the Regional Manager and work in collaboration with a team of highly experienced and expert practitioners. You will be based in Invercargill and travel to cover the lower South Island area. This role is 18.75 hours per week.
- A tertiary qualification in adult education or training, adult rehabilitation, or information technology, or have 5 years relevant job experience.
- Proven skills and experience in adult training.
- Proven skills and experience in professional report writing.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of mainstream information technology hardware and software, mobile devices, smart speakers and smart home devices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Great time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable to meet changing service requirements.
Any experience or training in the following would be a great advantage:
- JAWS, NVDA, ZoomText, Supernova, VoiceOver, Talkback, and Braille.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation that is truly passionate about helping their clients, while also offering rewarding career opportunities, great staff benefits, and a flexible work environment where possible! As we strive to be a for purpose organisation, our staff take an active interest and participate in fundraising and volunteer opportunities.
To show an interest in this position, please click ‘Apply Now’ and submit a formal application through our Careers Portal. Should you have any questions, please contact our Recruitment Team –
Blind Low Vision NZ welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages suitably qualified people who are blind or have low vision, or any other disability to apply.