Kansas City – USA – Part time jobs for students
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
As a Part Time Administrative Assistant, you will provide routine office support in a variety of functions to an individual, team, or another group within the firm according to established guidelines. In addition, you will respond to or route inquiries from external or internal sources with standard correspondence. Other responsibilities may include collecting, reviewing, and updating data, retrieving company records as requested, and preparing records for archiving while answering phone calls and preparing mail daily.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- Strong attention to detail and organizing skills
- Ability to develop and foster effective professional relationships internally and externally
- Good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- 0-3 years’ experience in administrative role
- Associate Degree in business or related field is preferred
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.