We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
New World Karori
Checkout and Grocery Supervisor
We are looking for an outgoing, personable and committed person to join our team as a Checkout and Grocery Supervisor.
The primary role of the Supervisor is to supervise checkout and grocery staff on a day-to-day basis.
This role would suit someone with retail supervising experience, or someone with retail experience ready to step up to the next level.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- As Checkout Supervisor, including (but not limited to):
o Authorising the sale of age controlled products
o Managing staffing levels at the checkouts, keeping on top of customer flow to ensure customers are not kept waiting
o Handling enquiries and complaints from customers (with the assistance of the Duty Manager)
o Monitoring impulse bars, fridges etc at checkout and replenishing as necessary
o Monitoring the checkout staff and helping to identify areas where they can be upskilled, and assisting with that training
- Following all compliance requirements (Food Safety, Health and Safety, Weights and Measures, Fair Trading etc.) and ensuring staff follow all requirements, as per instruction from other managers.
The key attributes we are seeking are:
- Tremendous commitment and attitude with loads of initiative & enthusiasm.
- Accepts responsibility, and is committed to delivering first-class service.
- Well organised, with good time management skills
- Physically fit and strong. Some heavy lifting is required.
- Proven ability to lead people, and not afraid to confront poor performance, or recognise good performance
- Good communication skills
At New World Karori, our guiding values are: – Make it Happen, Upgrade Yourself, Be Customer Centric, Stand Together, Communicate, Communicate, Communicate!
We expect all our staff to work with these values in mind at all times.
New World Karori is a 7-day a week business, open from 7am to 9.30pm, and as such, some weekend and/or evening work should be expected. Exact days and times of work will be discussed at interview. This position is available as a full time role, or as a part time position if you cannot commit to full time work.
If you would like to register interest, click Apply Now and let us know!