We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Expressions of interest for Part-Time or Job-Share hours considered
- Flexible work hours to suit your individual needs
- Pioneers in producing low carbon, high purity aluminium using renewable hydroelectricity
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We have a rare opportunity for a strong administrator to join the Tiwai community at New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter (NZAS). Our management team are open to expressions of interest for those seeking Part-Time work and we encourage you to outline this within your resume, if applicable.
Reporting to the Manager – Casting & Logistics and Manager – Reduction the role of Management Assistant is a lively role where you can showcase your exceptional administrative, co-ordination and problem-solving skills.
In addition to paying competitively and providing great benefits packages, we want you to live the lifestyle that is right for you and your family. And because of our size and scale, there are many opportunities to learn, grow and do more than you ever thought possible.
Every hour of every shift, your safety and wellbeing is our number one priority. We do the work only if it is safe, and we invest to make sure every member of the team has the quality tools they need to do their job.
Whilst you will work closely with our management team and various stakeholders daily, this role is best suited to those who enjoy executing tasks autonomously. You will:
- Provide administrative and secretarial services to the Management Team
- Organise appointments, meetings and visitors (internal/external) on site
- Act as the main point of contact for management/personnel queries such as recruitment requests, payroll and shift tracking
- Co-ordinate adhoc administrative tasks and events
- Communicate and engage with various internal/external stakeholders
- Initiate, analyse and implement improvement ideas
- Work closely with the other site Management Assistants to ensure continuity between departments
- Manage own workload effectively to meet critical deadlines
What you will bring
- High levels of personal organisation, flexibility and forward looking to anticipate work that needs to be completed
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Excellent oral and written skills to ensure clear and concise communication
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Suite)
- The ability to maintain confidentiality where required
- Full Class 1 drivers licence
- Experience working as a personal assistant or similar (industry experience highly regarded)
What we offer
Be recognised for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work, and go home knowing you’ve helped the world progress.
- A work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with annual incentive program
- Comprehensive medical assistance scheme
- Attractive share ownership plan
- Leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave) including long service leave
- Access to transport assistance between Invercargill and Tiwai
- Competitive superannuation programme
- Career development & education assistance to further your technical or leadership ambitions
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Based at Tiwai Point in New Zealand’s south, NZAS makes aluminium with one of the lowest carbon footprints in the world, and it is the only aluminium smelter to produce ultra-high purity metal using renewable hydroelectricity. Receiving the majority of its alumina from our Yarwun and Queensland Alumina Limited refineries in Gladstone, Australia, the smelter produces more than 335,000 tonnes of aluminium each year.
In January 2021, NZAS reached a new electricity agreement which will extend operations to December 2024. By joining us now, we will set you up for the future. Work is already underway to reskill and retrain our people, with skills transferrable to other industries.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
As a passionate equal opportunity employer, NZAS continues to increase our focus on gender diversity – therefore we strongly encourage females to apply, as well as applications from people of all backgrounds.