We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Christchurch City Campus
Full time, Fixed term (2-year contract)
- Work for a progressive world class tertiary education provider
- Work collaboratively in a well-established team with a strong reputation
- Promote positive and supportive academic learning environments
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi – About the role
Responsible to the Manager Learning Services, the purpose of this position is:
- To provide learning support that is responsive to diverse ākonga needs, with a particular focus on supporting the learning needs of Pacific ākonga across Ara.
- To create positive and supportive academic learning environments (including small groups, classes, 1:1 and flexible learning environments) and use effective teaching and learning strategies that support Pacific ākonga success and retention.
- To work collaboratively with academic colleagues to ensure that academic literacies are developed appropriate to the graduate profile, in a timely and contextualised manner.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako – Skills/Experience
- Knowledge of Pacific identities, perspectives and cultures
- Experience of building positive relationships with Pacific ākonga and/or communities
- An understanding of the demands of tertiary learning environments and their impacts on Pacific ākonga
- An understanding of ako, and experience applying learning and teaching best practice
- An ability to respond to ākonga and tutor needs in a flexible, timely and culturally-appropriate manner
- An ability to work collaboratively with others, especially Learning Services and Pacific colleagues
- Excellent listening, oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Advanced digital literacy skills necessary to undertake all aspects of learning development delivery
- Advocacy, problem solving and negotiation skills
Mō mātou – About us
Ara Institute of Canterbury Ltd is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented employees, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in ākonga success.
As a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga, Ara is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and delivering services in a manner that responds with excellence to the needs of ākonga Māori and their whānau, as well as the aspirations of iwi and Māori communities throughout our catchment (including Māori employers). To deliver effectively on this commitment, Ara recognises the need for a culturally competent and confident workforce vertically and horizontally across our organisation.
This position is covered by a risk assessment conducted under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and as such the successful candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As part of our pre-employment checks they may be asked to provide confirmation of their vaccination status.
Tono ināianei – Apply now
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and/or to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara.
Rā Katinga – Applications close – Sunday, 3rd July 2022
03 Jul 2022 23:55
Academic, Students Support Services
Fixed term full-time