We are collecting job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Maternal and Family Health Services’ programs touch the lives of over 90,000 people each year and empower individuals and families of diverse backgrounds to lead healthier lives. Our mission of empowerment, inclusion, and caring extends to our valued staff as well. We are better together because of our diversity, recognition of differences as strengths, and commitment to providing a culture of acceptance internally as well as to the people we serve.
Working to meet the health and nutritional needs of women, children and families with information, education, and quality care, MFHS is currently seeking a part time Peer Counselor for our Scranton WIClocation.
A WIC Peer Counselor is a paraprofessional support person who gives basic breastfeeding information and encouragement to pregnant and breastfeeding participants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Counsels WIC pregnant and breastfeeding mothers at the WIC clinic or by telephone contact at scheduled intervals.
- Provide and document breastfeeding contacts according to policy. Promote breastfeeding with pregnant women and gives basic breastfeeding information and support to new mothers, including benefits of breastfeeding, overcoming common barriers, and getting a good start with breastfeeding. Help mothers prevent and handle common breastfeeding concerns.
- Refer moms to the statewide breastfeeding hotline who are having breastfeeding problems outside usual working hours.
- Refer mothers, according to the clinic established protocols to the WIC Nutritionists or Breastfeeding Coordinator, lactation consultants, the mother’s physician or nurse, public heath programs in the community or social service agencies.
- Attends and assists with prenatal classes and breastfeeding support groups.
- Network with local hospitals, physician offices and other community organizations which support breastfeeding to establish a county wide breastfeeding referral resource.
- Provide and document appropriate and required referrals to clients.
- Schedule WIC appointments per set guidelines.
- Attend regular training sessions and updates as directed. Reads assigned books and materials on breastfeeding provided by the supervisor.
- Demonstrate use of breast pump to clients. Help maintain inventory of breast pumps at assigned clinic and clean and sanitize the equipment.
- Promote and contribute to organizational and programmatic goals of MFHS.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Must be a current or former WIC participant who has breastfed at least one baby
- Ability to perform operations with units involved in measuring and weighing.
- Basic math skills such as adding, subtraction, division and reducing fractions
- Knowledge of customer service and client-centered service delivery.
- Relate to others on a regular basis requiring excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
MFHS offers employees:
- Excellent employee and family medical, dental, and vision Insurance
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Earn 2 weeks to start, 3 weeks after 2 years, and 4 weeks after 4 years!
- Earn sick time beginning your first day
- 100% 401k Company Match (up to 6% of compensation)
- Family friendly schedules – no holidays, evenings, or weekends
- Paid training & development
- Wonderfully collaborative and supportive culture
Join our compassionate & caring team!
MFHS is an ADA and EEO employer. Persons representing all aspects of diversity are encouraged to apply
Questions? Contact Human Resources!
Job Type: Part-time