We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
A little insite into working for KiwiRail, check out our great Rail Operator video click here it’s time to join us!
Looking for a career path not just a dead end job? Want job stability with a company that invests in your future and pays you while they train you to succeed?
- Physically demanding outdoors role
- Training rate is $22.75 per hour rising once qualified to $25.09
- Shift work with advanced planned rosters
Te mea angitu kei a tatou: The opportunity we have
Our Rail Operators are a hugely important part of our business and without these teams the business would come to a holt. Our teams work outside in our freight rail yards in all weathers in a physically demanding role where safety is of the utmost importance.
You’ll see yourself performing shunting duties. This means you’ll link and unlink wagons, direct train drivers when coupling wagons and locomotives, place wagons into customer sidings (railway parking tracks). You’ll be an essential part of conducting safety checks ensuring that all vehicles in the train are in a fit state to commence the journey. You will be working in a small team and also be communicating via radio, so clear communication skills are essential.
He aha nga pukengae rapu ana tatou: What skills are we looking for
You’ll be challenged by working in a physically challenging role while working outdoors. This role involves heavy manual handling, and doing a reasonable level of walking. You’ll be working on a 24/7 rotating roster, so previous experience working shifts is advantageous, along with experience working outdoors in all-weather conditions.
- You could come from any background, as long as you have had exposure to physical labour where H&S was at the core of what you did.
- Health & Safety is critical in our organisation, so you will need to have a strong safety focus and genuinely care about the well-being of your team and yourself at all times.
- Team work is second nature to you and you can easily communicate to people from all walks of life
- Extensive support and ongoing training. The more experience in the yard you gain the more opportunities open to you with pay increases and with job progression opportunities. Your training is universally recognised.
- Heavily discounted travel and insurance
- Competitive hourly rate
KiwiRail is a purpose-driven State Owned Enterprise with a commercial mandate. We run our business efficiently and effectively while delivering significant economic benefits through taking trucks off the road, reducing carbon emissions and road maintenance costs, easing congestion in cities and making roads safer. Our purpose ‘Stronger Connections, Better New Zealand’ speaks to what our people, our customers, our stakeholders and the Government, our shareholder, want for KiwiRail: to be more connected. Connected to our customers and the future needs of their businesses. Connected to the communities we serve and operate in. Connected to each other, for the good of the country. Our purpose speaks to connected people, networks, journeys, experiences and ways of working that move KiwiRail, the transport sector and New Zealand forward.
KiwiRail has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination requirement for new employees as part of our health and safety risk management framework. This will require all new employees to be fully vaccinated from their start date and proof of your vaccine pass will be required as part of our pre employments process.
Applications close: 4 February 2022
Position Description: Rail Operator PD