We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Part time, (0.9 FTE), 36 hours per week
- Free on-site parking!
- Join a supportive team!
About the opportunity
Te Punaka Oraka – Public Health Nursing provides a range of Child & Youth and Well Health Services within the community, including schools, preschools, and youth clinics, before school checks, home visiting rural sexual health and contraceptive clinics, and immunisation programs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the Invercargill team. The role may require some travel to cover rural areas. We are looking for an amazing NZ Registered Nurse with relevant clinical leadership skills, a background and an interest and passion for well health in youth and their whānau. Potential may arise to work additional temporary FTE/hours over busy periods, if agreeable.
You will be open minded, quality driven, and can work both independently while being a valued member of a supportive, friendly team.
In order to be successful in this position you will also need to demonstrate the following:
- Experience and understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi/ Māori health equity and disparities.
- Advanced communication skills with the ability and passion to work with a diverse range of children young people and their family’s whānau.
- Open minded, quality driven, with the ability to work both independently and as a valued member of a supportive, friendly team.
- Strong computer literacy skills and a full clean driver’s license.
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) and Registration with the Nursing Council of New Zealand.
It will be a strong advantage if you have experience in Well Child / Youth / Whanau Ora health / Mental Health / Immunisation / Sexual health.
Invercargill gives you everything you’d want from a city hospital, with a modern work environment, interesting work and a range of specialties, but there’s a small hospital with collegial feel to it. You’ll be on first-name terms with all the staff, including the doctors. Invercargill is a lovely city for families, with affordable housing and excellent education and adventure opportunities. Surrounded by beautiful scenery many of New Zealand’s major tourist destinations, (ski fields, national parks, vineyards) and hidden treasures are on Southlands doorstep. Life is easy without a major commute. And you’ll get free onsite parking. Check out: https://southlandnz.com/invercargill.
Closing Date: Sunday 15 May 2022
Due to the fast-paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Emily Atkinson, Recruitment Advisor – Planning, Funding and Population/Public Health Directorate, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (03) 470 9176
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff.