We are collecting job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
PrimeCare Medical is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Nurses (RN) to work in the medical department at the Monroe County Correctional Facility in Stroudsburg PA. $5,000 Sign On Bonus for full time employees!
In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.
Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists. Correctional healthcare is similar to working in an emergency room or a clinic. Each day is both challenging and rewarding.
- The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the nursing practice complies with established nursing standards.
- Taking vital signs, doing a complete assessment and documenting findings on dispensary care of all patients housed in the medical unit and/or mental health unit
- Implementing treatment care plans which promote maintain and restore the well-being of patients
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide provisional diagnosis and treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries
- Ensuring that the proper flow of relevant information (inmate/patient information, unit problems) is disseminated to appropriate personnel
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmate/patients and participates in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Providing health counseling to inmates/patients
- Providing other services and performs other duties as assigned by Nurse Supervisor, Health Services Administrator, head nurse, or corporate staff
The RN is a fast-paced position, and as such we must have someone who has the ability to multi-task and has a good grasp of patient assessment skills. Other requirements include:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state in which the facility is located.
- Clinical decision-making ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and demonstrating clinical competency.
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working relationship.
Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of correctional healthcare!