We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
At Farmlands we’re extending our trading hours to include more of the weekend!
From 3 September many of our stores are extending to all day Saturday, and some for Sunday as well. Due to this, we’re looking to hire multiple Retail Salespeople for our following stores:
- Alexandra (Monday to Saturday)
- Balclutha (Monday to Saturday)
- Dunedin (Monday to Sunday)
- Oamaru (Monday to Saturday)
We have full-time, part-time and casual options available. Various hours and days are available, depending on the store. Let us know which locations you’re keen on, what days and hours you’re available, and we’ll consider it!
Mō matou | About us
Farmlands is a leading rural co-operative with over 50 years’ experience in the industry. We have over 1000 employees nationwide and a network of 82 retail stores from the top of the North Island to the bottom of the South. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to our 75,000 shareholders nationwide. Our size and scope allow us to offer unrivalled career growth opportunities and the chance to develop your knowledge of a wide range of farming products and services.
Mō ngā painga | About the benefits
We’ll get you trained up and started up immediately! We offer a comprehensive induction and onboarding and provide ongoing product training.
Our team choose to work at Farmlands because we invest in our people and they are at the heart of everything we do. We also offer you benefits such as:
- Great hourly rate
- Team discounts for purchasing in Farmlands retail stores
- Career development – world class training with ongoing coaching, mentoring and support
- An exclusive Farmlands shareholding offer with access to a vast array of discounts
- Free annual health checks & flu shots
- Life and income protection insurance (for permanent roles of 15+ hours p/w)
- Medical insurance (for permanent roles of 30+ hours p/w)
- Our very own in-house recognition programme
- Staff discounts at Farmlands Retail Stores
Mō te whai waahi | About the opportunity
As a Retail Salesperson, you’ll connect daily with our Farmlands’ shareholders in our store. You’ll also:
- Provide retail sales and customer service to our shareholders
- Advise customers on a range of sheep and beef, dry stock and general agricultural products
- Operate a point of sale (POS) system
- Complete administrative tasks such as ordering and receipting of stock
- Restock and display our products
What we’d be excited about
- You have a positive attitude and are keen to learn – we can train you on the rest!
- You can engage and talk to anyone
- You have retail sales or customer service skills and experience
- You have sound computer skills
- You’re physically fit as there will be lifting and manual handling tasks
Bonus Points for
- A background in the farming sector
- A broad knowledge of agricultural products and services
Te Tono | How to apply
We have a quick and straightforward process and then, before you know it, you’ll be part of the great New Zealand story that is Farmlands!