We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Are you looking for an entry-level, hands-on, labouring position located in East Otago?
Do you have the resilience to work 12-hour shifts on a rotating roster (4 days on / 4 days off / 4 nights on / 4 nights off)?
Are you motivated to work, can follow instructions and processes, and communicate well within a team?
If you said yes to all the above, then we want to talk to you!
You will be responsible for carrying out various hands-on, labouring tasks and machine operating to pulverise and process rock samples within an industrial laboratory, while adhering to company compliance and operating procedures.
To be successful for this role you will be reliable, motivated, honest, work well in teams, and have the resilience to work long hours and perform labouring duties within a dirty and dusty environment.
The nature of work is vast and includes preparing 5-kilogram rock samples and loading/unloading rock samples into industrial trolleys, heating rock samples within an industrial oven, decontaminating machinery and equipment, operate on a processing line, administration, and data processing, manoeuvring industrial trolleys by hand (250-kilograms laden weight) and more.
You will be working under the direction and supervision of the shift supervisor when performing tasks and wear all the appropriate issued Personal Protective Equipment. As your experience grows and you become competent within the role, you will be left to independently manage tasks and workload.
We’re offering a lot of variety of work, full on-the-job training, attractive remuneration, development opportunities, and full Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
This opportunity may lead to a permanent position (for the right person).
Let’s talk about the role:
- Rotating work roster 4 days on / 4 days off / 4 nights on / 4 nights off
- 5:30am – 5:30pm (day shift) / 5:30pm – 5:30am (night shift)
- Preparing and pulverizing rock samples using machinery
- Various hands-on, labouring and administration duties
- Personal Protective Equipment (including breathing apparatus) to be always worn
- Undergo health & safety induction(s) for all building sites and workplace locations
What’s in it for you:
- Invest in your career learning and development
- Entry-level position with an Immediate start
- Plenty of variety within the role
- Work within a friendly, tight-knit team
- Transport to-and-from Dunedin to Macrae’s Mine, East Otago is provided
- Attractive remuneration and weekly pay
What we are looking for:
- Long-term employment investment
- Restricted or Full Class 1 Driver Licence and personal vehicle
- Ability to communicate with others and work within a team
- Prepared to get your ‘hands dirty’ with a good level of fitness and motivation
- Reliable, honest, motivated, and resilient to working long hours
If you like sound of this opportunity and you fit the above criteria, then apply today!
Call Goodwin or Kendal at Select Recruitment on (03) 477 0873, or come and visit us at 330 Moray Place, Dunedin Central (just opposite Countdown supermarket).
Please Note: to apply you should be a New Zealand (NZ) Resident or have a valid NZ Work Visa, be willing to undergo a Drug and Alcohol Screening Test along with a Ministry of Justice criminal background check.
Vacancy ID: 20022162610716