We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Do you have 4-8 years full stack development experience and are looking for the next step in your career?
- Do you want to work with modern technologies and tool-sets, enhance your skills and produce some of the most used websites in New Zealand?
- Are you motivated by working on digital solutions that make a real difference?
- Would you like to work on new digital products/websites throughout their lifecycle – but with variety in sectors and solutions?
We’re looking for a Senior Web Developer to work on varied and interesting projects to help deliver outstanding digital solutions for our clients.
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved in creating exciting and meaningful digital products, working across multiple React projects to build new solutions, lead development streams and embed quality throughout the entire process of software development.
Working collaboratively with our design, delivery and test teams, and clients, you will be involved in the development of innovative digital solutions that make a real difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
Accessibility is one of the core principles of our Development team which means that we are always using modern libraries and web techniques that take an Accessibility-first approach.
At Alphero we invest in upskilling and developing our team, not just through attending courses and training (though we do that too!), but also through the wide range of tools, experiences and people you will be exposed to through working on varied, challenging and innovative projects.
You will get to research new techniques and tools, as well as leading discussions about how you introduce new ideas and technologies so we can continuously improve our work and deliver stronger solutions to our clients and their customers.
- Contributing to new projects from the beginning – from initial vision and setting of architectural direction, to seeing them through the whole product life-cycle. We partner with our clients for the long-term so you will also get the opportunity to make improvements over time.
- Work across multiple projects to architect new solutions, lead development streams and embed quality throughout the entire process of software development.
- Collaborate as part of a team – working with Designers, Quality Assurance, Delivery and Project Managers to create innovative, impactful digital solutions.
- Work on a wide range of projects for clients from different industry sectors, from media, banking, Govt/Covid response, financial investment, energy or weather apps, or even using computer vision to track a golf swing.
- Coordinate, prioritise and plan the team’s wider research and design/development activities, seeking a deeper understanding of the needs of the users, customers or audiences of their work.
- Create groundbreaking digital experiences and improve our development practices, tools and technologies.
- Work closely with a Technical Lead to align development decisions with the Alphero methodology and wider development vision.
- Building digital solutions with an accessibility-first perspective and continuously learning and contributing to the team’s collective knowledge and experience to ensure accessibility is kept front of mind in web design and build.
- Be supported by a mentor who will support you to work on real client projects.
- Grow your leadership skills, through actively coaching and mentoring more junior developers, and helping to shape the web practice and contribute to the culture of our team.
- Prototype and experiment with new techniques and tools, as well as researching new ideas on how we can continuously improve our work and deliver stronger solutions to our clients.
Our values are at the heart of who we are, what we do, and why we are here. Our values shape our vision and support our culture, guide our behaviours, and are woven into every part of the business.
Our clients – and their customers – come from every sector and all walks of life, and so do we. We hire talented, passionate people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a team and enables us to create exceptional outcomes.
You will work in a fun, friendly, collaborative environment where diversity and individuality are celebrated. Take a seat at the Alphero kitchen table and get to know the team. Everyone works with the latest gadgets, tools and technologies we give you the tools you need to do the job. Tell us what you need to make your work easier.
Ideally you will have :
- 4-8 years + experience designing and delivering complex, reusable solutions and applications architectures
- Able to showcase your track record of delivering several significant Web apps, over the course of your career (you’ve worked on more than one thing).
- Hands-on experience working with React and TypeScript, or similar front-end frameworks.
- Great problem solver – able to understand and adapt solution based on the nuances of the problem without prior deep technical experience in the area
- Experience in delivering highly accessible web applications.
- Experience in, or exposure to User Experience and creating solutions with the user front of mind.
- Experience working with REST or GraphQL APIs, as well as designing and documenting endpoints using OpenAPI spec.
- Proven ability to deliver integrated single page web applications
- Solid understanding of how to secure and protect sensitive data. You consider security aspects at a wider enterprise solution level and can engage effectively with third party security consultants.
- Knowledge of various database access methods
- An understanding of macro trends in technology and software architecture, and experience implementing architectural designs based on long term trends.
- Ability to present technical solutions to large groups of clients at senior level.
- Previous experience coaching and mentoring team members to grow their capability (both technical and non-technical).
- Solid commitment to best practice version control and management of the software release process across multiple streams, including coordination with backend and API teams.
- Great understanding of the application build process and cloud deployment process.
Not sure if you tick off everything on the list? We’d still love to hear from you. Each person brings unique skills and experiences to us. If you have some gaps, we can help with mentoring, upskilling, and cross-skilling.
Come as you are, we offer a friendly environment where differences are celebrated and seen as a key strength to the business.
- Competitive salary and a supportive, collaborative and creative working environment
- Commitment to your personal and professional development and ongoing learning
- Flexible working arrangements, including the ability to work hours that suit your lifestyle and work up to 2 days a week remotely
- Genuine work-life balance and we are super supportive of your lifestyle including flexible and/or part-time working hours, extended parental leave
- Work with the latest gadgets, tools and technologies
- New company phone and mobile account
- Whatever widget, doodad, licence or gizmo you need to do your job (within reason!)
- Super cool office space in the heart of Wellington CBD, near the best cafes & Cuba Street!
- Day off on your birthday – on us!
- Discounted gym membership at Les Mills (nationwide)
- DIY Barista coffee and free fruit
- Fun, social team who enjoy hanging out with each other outside work as well as during working hours