We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Skiwiland Kaiako (Teaching Assistant On and Off Snow)
Dreaming of combining your passion for education with your love of Snowsports? If so, there is no better place than Skiwiland at Coronet Peak, our licensed Early Learning Centre catering for children from 3 months to 5 years old. Here you will have the opportunity to foster a love of Snowsports and the mountains in our unique alpine environment.
You will quickly build trusting relationships with Tamariki that empower them to take on the challenge of our environment. Parents’ expectations and prior knowledge will guide you as you support each child to get to know the centre, our mountain and those around them.
Reporting to the Skiwiland Team Leader (TL), Skiwiland Kaiako, will be responsible for educating and caring for children in accordance with the Te Whariki framework and the criteria set by the ministry of education. Through play and fun, the ideal candidate can teach tiny tots basic skills both on and off-snow. This is a varied role; no two days will be the same.
About the role
- Introducing 3 to 5-year-old children to the basic skills of skiing through play and fun
- Assisting with both indoor and outdoor educational activities for all ages
- Assisting with and leading on snow learn to ski lessons within the Skiwiland environment
- Learn how the ECE curriculum “Te Whaariki” is used to weave a localised curriculum.
- Reception duties assisting customers with bookings and registration process
- Ensuring that the inside and outside of the centre is maintained in a clean a tidy state to ensure that it is an inviting environment
- Engage with and implement ECE curriculum “Te Whaariki”
- Continuous education and personal development (Early season / Ongoing training)
- Contribution to Internal Evaluation, Story Hui and monthly staff meeting.
- Identification and reporting of hazards and proactive enforcement of health and safety standards
- Professional experience working with children in childcare
- Dedicated, flexible and willing to take ownership of our youngest and most important guest’s experience
- Proactive and comfortable stepping in and helping other departments when and as required
- Be committed to learning and self-development
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fun and vibrant team environment
- The ability to ski to intermediate level and own your own ski equipment
- NZSIA level one or equivalent is an advantage
- Understand that employment is subject to the weather and business levels and the hours of work cannot be guaranteed
Skills and Qualifications
- Current First Aid certificate desirable
- Prior experience working with children
- Passion for skiing and the mountain environment is essential
- Entry-level ski qualification is desirable
- A second language would be an advantage
- All successful applicants will be required to be vetted by the NZ Police.
- For further information please firstname.lastname@example.org