Kansas City – USA – Part time jobs for students
Country Squire St. Joseph MO
We provide therapy and wellness services to Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care Senior Living Communities.
As a Speech Language Pathologist, you will be responsible for providing a full range of speech pathology services including assessment, treatment planning, and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position’s qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. You will also contribute to program development, quality improvement, and problem solving in accordance with company-wide policies and clinical initiatives, to optimize each patients functional well-being and satisfaction.
Essential Duties include the following:
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform appropriate assessment(s) and reassessment(s) of patients functional abilities, including physical, emotional, cognitive and sensory components to evaluate the necessity of skilled speech therapy intervention; identify and initiate clinically appropriate therapeutic intervention that is evidenced based and comprehensive to the needs of the individual patient and/or as directed by physician orders in accordance with the appropriate professional standard, applicable state/federal laws and by the company
- Educate and communicate with patients, family and other patient care personnel regarding the individualized treatment plan for the patient; and, routinely provide feedback to patient, their family member(s) and care staff personnel regarding progression, goal achievement and discharge plans
- Identify the need for, and make, referrals to other disciplines to address the comprehensive needs of patients
- Assume supervisory responsibility and accountability speech language pathology new graduates (in clinical fellowship year) and students in accordance with federal, state and payer guidelines, including communication and documentation
- Assess, conduct appropriate intervention and/or make recommendations to physician regarding patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation
- Assist in training and orientation of EmpowerMe Wellness and/or community staff, as well as students, in relation to rehabilitation therapy
- Communicate professionally, clearly and maintain a good working relationship with physicians, care staff, the administrative team and interdisciplinary teams, as well as demonstrate flexibility to ensure patient/facility/customer needs are being met
- Ensure documentation is completed, and charges are entered, in a timely, thorough and accurate manner and in accordance with state guidelines and company policy
- Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors; manage and operate equipment safely and correctly; maintaining department cleanliness and safety
- Provide input in formulating budget, assists in evaluating department performance versus budget controls and takes appropriate action to remain within budget guidelines
- Maintain professional expertise through continued education as necessitated by licensure and as appropriate for provision of specific treatments utilizing EmpowerMe Wellness educational resources when available
- Develop speech therapy department by frequently reviewing best practices, providing guidance for, and conducting, in- services and other educational trainings in compliance with federal and state professional requirements
- Participate in infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs, patient/family and team conferences and attend departmental / company training as requested and provides positive contributions to interdepartmental discussions
- Achieve productivity goals and expectations as identified by the Company
- Treat patients and their families with respect and dignity – identify and address psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families
- Comply with HIPAA & PHI guidelines and protects confidentiality at all times
- Offer to assist other staff and demonstrates flexibility in carrying shared team functions including special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- Masters degree from an accredited program of Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders; ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence is also required
- One (1) year of experience in rehabilitation in senior care communities or related setting is preferred
- Current state licensure, in good standing, as Speech Language Pathologist
- Basic Life Support/CPR certification
- Knowledge of Medicare payment systems and EHR/EMR systems
- Proven ability to build and maintain a patient caseload, specifically within a Med B setting
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills along with the heart and passion to work with older adults while providing the best care possible
- Passion to achieve results through self-motivation, initiative and proactive orientation with a sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things and to find / recommend solutions to problems
- Sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things, and to find / recommend solutions to problems
- Driven to achieve and exceed goals and have the ability to motivate others to do the same
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of professionalism, customer service, and friendliness in all interactions with employees, patients, and visitors throughout the organization
Proficiency in applicable Electronic Medical/Health Records systems and working knowledge of Microsoft applications, such as Word, Outlook and Excel
To perform this mission successfully, an individual should possess the physical ability to lift/move 50lbs, maintain a stationary position, move freely, operate equipment, ascend/descend freely, position self to reach equipment above or below normal standing height, and communicate with employees throughout the organization. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.