We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Turf Management Apprentice
4 year, Fixed Term position working 42½ hours per week (Monday to Friday, plus some overtime during the weekends, public holidays depending on events, especially over the summer months)
Napier is a lively and dynamic city, offering an exceptional climate as well as plentiful opportunities for family, recreation and relaxation. Improved road and air links are helping to make Napier one of New Zealand’s most popular, liveable and easily accessible cities.
Napier City Council is one of Napier’s biggest and most desirable employers – we value excellence, integrity, sustainability and excellent customer and community service.
This is an apprentice position with the sportsgrounds team assisting throughout the city areas when required. You will be under the direction of an experienced team member and will quickly learn the standards of preparation and maintenance across a range of sporting codes. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an apprentice with an interest and passion for sport to prepare turf surfaces for national and international sporting events.
- Assist with grounds preparation and maintenance, as well as development of sportsgrounds;
- Assisting with moving cricket covers when required;
- Meet deadlines to have grounds prepared for scheduled play/use;
- Agrichemical spraying;
- High level of presentation for national and international venues (McLean Park Stadium and Nelson Park cricket ground).
Personal attributes required:
- Desire in turf management and sportsgrounds preparation, especially for cricket, rugby, football and amenity lawns;
- To obtain the qualification in Sports Turf Management level 4 within 4 years;
- Able to work under pressure in high profile public situations and maintain positive public relations;
- Licenced to drive manual vehicles (class 1) other licences would be an advantage.
Current Growsafe certificate to apply agrichemicals is desirable.
If you are ready for this opportunity, then we encourage you to apply now. We will be interviewing suitable candidates as applications are received and may close this advertisement when we have found the right person.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status although applicants must have existing rights to work in New Zealand. Napier City Council is responsible for Civil Defence emergencies and as such, all staff may be called upon to support the response.
Our preferred candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening which includes drug testing and, for some roles, health screening.