We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Posted On: Tue Aug 2 2022
Conduct individual and small group tutoring sessions with QCC students. Participate with other tutors and the area learning manager in training sessions, and classroom informational visits. Facilitate and/or assist with scheduled writing workshops and conversation groups for small groups of students. Other duties as assigned.
Manager of the Writing Center
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement individual and small group tutoring sessions with QCC students in reading, writing, and study skills.
- Work individually or with a team of tutors.
- Record information from tutoring sessions.
- Maintain the appearance of tutoring area
- Assist students with computers, textbooks, and other resources.
- Actively participate in the pre-semester training meetings and on-going training as requested.
- Abide by policies and procedures.
- Assist with writing workshops and conversation groups for small groups of students.
- Develop/revise instructional material used in tutoring sessions.
- Respect and uphold student confidentiality.
- Actively support the teaching and learning process; practicing honesty and integrity in and out of the classroom; strive to create and support a student-centered environment while fostering academic innovation and excellence.
- Work actively with other areas of the college to ensure a spirit of college wide collaboration, collegiality, civility, and teamwork. Respect the function of dissent in an academic institution while advancing a collegial atmosphere of campus collaboration.
- Embrace the ideals of diversity and inclusiveness and support the equal rights of all people by advancing the understanding and appreciation of differences including age, race, gender, ability, religious convictions, socio-economic status, ethnic heritage, or sexual orientation.
- Provide flexible, responsive and high quality service to all, be they students, community, or staff, and continuously assessing processes and procedures and revising accordingly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with computers.
- Good organizational skills.
- Completion of ENG 101 and 102 with a grade of B+ or higher or demonstrated equivalent level of writing proficiency.
- Ability to effectively convey concepts related to college-level writing.
- Tutoring Experience.
- Experience working with students from diverse ethnic, racial, and linguistic groups.
- Experience working with students with various learning styles and abilities.
Diversity, inclusion, and equity are core values at Quinsigamond Community College. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive, respectful, and equitable environment for all students, staff, and faculty. Every member on our college campus enriches our diversity. We support inclusion and are dedicated to ensuring equity in access to opportunities.
Quinsigamond Community College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.