We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Te Ratonga Pūmanawa Tangata | People and Culture
- Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Continuing (i.e. permanent) position
Kia hiwa rā, kia hiwa rā!
He hiahia, he pūkenga nōu ki te mahi a te Kairuruku Pūmanawa Tangata. Nāia te pōwhiri nā Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha kia tono mai i te tūranga nei.
Āu Mahi | What You Will Do
We have an exciting opportunity to support the People and Culture team in delivering our vision of exceptional service to UC staff. In the People and Culture Administrator role, you will apply your excellent organisational skills, administrative expertise and experience to a wide range of HR processes which will empower and enable UC staff to make a difference. You will be kept busy preparing and coordinating HR documentation, answering queries and supporting our HR team. You will have the opportunity to contribute to continuous improvements and projects and learn from our experienced wider HR team.
Mōu | Who You Are
To successfully fulfil this position, you will be:
- A proactive self-starter with energy, drive and high levels of self-motivation
- Resilient and willing to utilise and apply initiative
- Positive with a can-do attitude
You will also have:
- Proven accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail, together with the ability to maintain standards under pressure
- Experience working in an administrative clerical role within medium to large organisations
- Experience in all aspects of customer service, particularly in dealing with a diverse range of people and ability to use discretion when handling confidential information
- A preference for experience in interpretation and application of relevant legislation with a good working knowledge of employment legislation and employment agreements
- A preference for knowledge of Payroll/HR/Recruitment policies, procedures, guidelines and current best practice
Mahi Ngātahi | Who You Will Work With
You will be rewarded by working with a team of dynamic, innovative, and highly talented HR professionals and in an organisation that will provide you with a wide range of benefits and professional development opportunities.
For more information about our team, please visit us People and Culture
Ngā Painga o UC | Why UC
Tangata Tū, Tangata Ora – Engaged, Empowered, Making a Difference.
Our values are manaakitanga, whanaungatanga and tiakitanga at Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha and these uara (values) guide our decisions and behaviour. Our values provide a roadmap for how we do things, affirming our commitment to the oranga (health, safety and wellbeing) of our students through mana-enhancing pastoral care and support. Ngā Uara (our values) challenge and inspire us to be the best we can be. They make UC a great place to work and study.
We are committed to accessible higher education, service to the community and the encouragement of talent without barriers of distance, wealth, class, gender or ethnicity. The University explicitly aims to produce graduates and support staff who are engaged with their communities, empowered to act for good and determined to make a difference in the world.
We offer a range of fantastic benefits including flexible work practices, study opportunities and generous superannuation and leave provisions. For more information, please visit us: https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus/benefits/
For more information about Te Whare Wānanga o Waitaha | University of Canterbury, please visit www.canterbury.ac.nz
The closing date for this position is: Wednesday 31 August 2022 (midnight, NZ time)
Please note, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and interviews may take place prior to the close date.
Pēhea te tono mai | How You Apply
Applications for this position must be submitted on our careers website and should include a cover letter and resume.
Please note, we do not accept applications by email, however we are happy to answer your queries in relation to the application process, please forward these to WorkatUC@canterbury.ac.nz
Due to current border restrictions, you must have Aotearoa New Zealand or Australian citizenship/permanent residency to be considered for this role. If you hold a valid work visa and are physically present in New Zealand then you may also be considered.