We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Terminal Operator / Ringahāpai Tumu Herenga Waka
14 Tu Atu Street, Ahuriri, Napier 4110, New Zealand
We believe that if we want to be a world class Kiwi Company, we shouldn’t just employ people, divide them into functional departments and tell them what to do. Instead, we defined a purpose – to solve what matters for our customers and their moving world – and go about achieving this by setting clear goals and expectations and embracing diversity of thought.
Our Supply team are the team that fuels our customers, literally! Supply at Z Energy looks after the whole fuel supply chain and ensures we have what we need, where we need it.
We are pleased to be building our team of Terminal Operators/ Ringahāpai Tumu Herenga Waka across Z and have four full time positions and one part time position that we are recruiting for nationwide.
This listing is for the full time position in Napier.
So, what does working at a Z Fuel Terminal involve? A typical day might see you assisting with the loading or unloading of fuel into trucks and tanks, taking fuel samples to check the quality, recording stock movements on a database, inducting contractors onto the site, performing and checking Safety and Wellbeing requirements and more.
It’s a great opportunity to start a new career, previous experience welcomed but not essential, as on the job training will be provided. If you enjoy practical hands-on work, work well as part of a team and enjoy the variety of working outside and in an office, this could be just the change you are wanting!
If this sparks your interest but you feel you don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people in minority communities are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At Z we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
You will have the opportunity to
- Work in a close-knit team at the Terminal carrying out tasks such as: receipting products, marine bunkering operations, tank gauging, truck loading/unloading, product sampling & testing, product transfers, compliance checks and forklift operations etc.
- Learn and comply with Safety and Wellbeing policies, standards and procedures to ensure the Terminal is run in a safe and reliable way
- Train to become certified in ‘Shore Officer’ and ‘Permit to Work’ responsibilities
- Help supervise and coordinate maintenance activities and record completed tasks in Z’s maintenance system
- Provide administrative support with the day-to-day running of the Terminal. This includes stock management, purchasing activities and ad hoc other administrative tasks
- Participate and learn from regular training
Keen to know more? Click apply to view the full Position Description through the Z Careers page Z PD-Terminal Operator 2022.pdf
What you’ll bring to Z
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to perform some outside work in all weather
- The ability to be flexible for work after hours and on weekends as required, however usual work hours are Monday to Friday
- A practical and hands-on nature with basic mechanical understanding
- Good work ethic and a great team player
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new systems
- Capable of passing regular medicals
And of course, you’ll be passionate about what matters to Z, embracing and living our values to help us deliver on our aspirations and broader commitment to Aotearoa New Zealand.
What we can offer you
- A competitive remuneration package including short-term incentive (bonus) plan, medical insurance for you and your family, enhanced employer contribution for KiwiSaver
- Generous leave provisions including enhanced sick leave, parental leave benefits and the option to buy additional leave
- The opportunity to contribute and be part of a supportive team that is here to make a difference
- A chance to build your own capability through learning from some the industry’s most knowledgeable people who have a desire to share their insights along with access to upskilling opportunities and career development across the organisation
- Two days a year to do Good in your Hood, though our volunteering scheme, a chance for you to help others in your community in a meaningful way to you
The base salary range for this role is $61,200 per annum, plus 10% bonus based on company performance, a 5% KiwiSaver employer contribution and health insurance through Southern Cross.
Z is a dynamic and innovative Kiwi company that provides energy solutions for today while working on playing our part in Aotearoa’s shift towards a low-carbon future – a transition that we’re passionate about.
Being proudly Kiwi, we’re up for challenging the status quo, stand-up for what we believe is right and most importantly, we back our team to bring their true selves to work every day. Our flexible working approach and Rainbow Tick and Gender Tick accreditations – backed by our strong company values, Stand Up Tū Kaha, Speak Out Tū Maia, Side by Side Tū Kotahi – have created an open and inclusive workplace that promotes personal development, and is underpinned by a desire for our people and our communities to succeed.
We’re distinctive in our approach and if you’re up for a challenge, we’d love you to be part of it. If this sounds like a place you believe you can add value and grow your own capability, then make sure you read Our Why it’s our founding document and provides further insights in what it means to part of the Z whanau. If Z feels like a good match for your head and your heart, come join us for one heck of a journey!
Whakauru | Apply
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for Z.
Applications close: Wednesday 31st August 2022
Please note that we may begin shortlisting as we receive applications. We encourage early applications was we may withdraw the advertising at any time.
To be considered for this position you must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
Location: 14 Tu Atu Street,Ahuriri,Napier 4110,New Zealand, Napier, Hawke’s Bay
Job Type: Full-time