We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Join a friendly and supportive team
- Dunedin based
- Busy and challenging role
We have an opportunity for a Trainee Track Worker to join our Destress team.
Te mea angitu kei a tatou: The opportunity we have
As part of our maintenance team, you will carry out maintenance, repairs and renewals of the infrastructure in a safe, cost effective and timely manner. You could be installing, repairing or renewing track or working in tunnels or on bridges.
This is an outdoor role so you will need to be physically fit, willing to work in all weather conditions and not afraid to get your hands dirty. You will also be working shifts, and these can be early morning, nights or weekend work.
Having said that when you do work unsociable hours you will be paid extra which can see you earning a handsome wage. If you enjoy problem solving in a fast-paced outdoor environment, willing to learn new skills and secure yourself a career, the railway could be for you!
Occasional overnight travel will be required at times for this role.
He aha nga pukengae rapu ana tatou: What skills are we looking for
- Current and valid Class 1 NZ Drivers Licence
- Class 2 (HT Licence) preferred but not essential
- Experience within the construction industry or within a heavy labouring environment
- Experience using light mechanical hand tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Note be eligible for this role you need to pass the following:
- Ministry of Justice check that is satisfactory to KiwiRail and complete a m
- Pre-Employment Medical and Drug Test role
- 5 Weeks Annual Leave
- Competitive remuneration and excellent penal rates for shift and weekend work
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Access to discounted travel, health insurance & holiday houses across NZ as part of our Staff Welfare Trust
- Designated career pathways, internal career progression opportunities and long-term employment.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Fully paid training including Apprenticeships, Leadership, Technical, Rail Operating Licences
- Study Grants for employees and Scholarships for children of employees.
- KiwiRail Networking Groups
- Retail and Service discounts
KiwiRail is New Zealand’s national railway, employing around 4,200 talented people in a wide range of business functions. Our teams are responsible for maintaining 4,000 kilometres of rail corridor, bridges, tunnels, viaducts, overhead wires, signals, and level crossings. Our team is like a family; we love what we do, and we thrive in this busy and upbeat environment.
KiwiRail is committed to an inclusive, flexible, and supportive workplace where everyone can feel valued, respected, and have equal opportunity to succeed. We encourage applications from people of all ages, genders, sexual orientation, personalities, ethnicities, abilities, and cultures.
KiwiRail has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination requirement for new employees as part of our health and safety risk management framework. This will require all new employees to be fully vaccinated from their start date and proof of your vaccine pass will be required as part of our pre employments process.
If you are ready to make a difference within a progressive organisation that encourages forward thinking and recognises success, then we would like to hear from you.
Position Description: Position Description