We are seeking a passionate and dynamic Field Visual Merchandising Coordinator to join Play Retail working exclusively for our client, a Global Sporting Brand.
You will become an integral part of their VM team based in the field for 3 days rotating between concept stores.
Play Retail is an Australian-born company with international backing! We provide quality and engaged merchandising and sales teams to local-global fashion brands across many divisions including department stores.
We’ve come a long way in recent years, new ownership and new management has seen our client and employee relationships flourish. We have an excellent company culture (just ask our team and our clients!), supported by our Core Values, engaging management team and people first mentality.
Backed by our parent company The International Fusion Corporation (fusioncorp.co) and our sister brands OPG Global, 24 Digital, Unlimited Packaging & Design, our vision extends to grow Australia and Asia Pacific. It’s an exciting time to come aboard our journey!
We look for special kinds of people, that WOW factor! If you love people, retail, VM and you can tick all of the below, WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
About the Role
This role is responsible for ensuring our clients retail store environments provide an outstanding experience for consumers, through training store teams on global visual merchandising standards and retail marketing execution in assigned stores.
3 full days per week, Tuesday – Thursday, but flexibility is required due to business demand
This is a role where you can really take ownership of your stores and the relationships with your store teams!
Your key responsibilities will include:
Key Functional Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stalk holders within each store to achieve innovative creative outcomes that align with brand standards.
- Conduct weekly store visits to identify and communicate visual merchandising needs and best practices alongside Store Managers and VM Champs. Every day begins and ends with a store walk, key store stakeholders and sales data.
- Assist stores in implementing campaign briefs, visual direction while ensuring execution meets local and global brand standards alongside VM Champs and the Store Manager.
- Drive training initiatives to provide systematic direction and brand updates to the relevant store teams, Store Managers and VM Champs.
- Provide feedback to the Visual Merchandising Specialist on weekly store visits, including any training provided to stores as well as detailed before and after photos.
- Work closely with the District Manager to optimise store VM Compliance.
- Play a lead role, in conjunction with the Visual Merchandising Specialist to set up new stores within the relevant area.
You will have:
- Over 2 years experience in retail store Visual Merchandising from multi-site format – Apparel experience is essential, sportswear is an advantage.
- The ability to train and coach the store team in the principals of VM, you will have both a consultative and hands on approach
- The ability to build relationships and collaborate with store management teams to achieve VM objectives
- Commercial mindset a must, all VM moves must be strictly planned and strategic and based on sales reports.
- Detail oriented
- You are a great photographer
- Good IT skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong numeracy, literacy, verbal and written communication skills.
- Driver’s License and reliable car
- All training will be provided, as well as mileage and time costs covered.
- Structured roster each week, no weekends or public holidays
- Hourly pay
- Mileage allowance
- Wardrobe allowance
- Laptop and phone
- Work with a global brand!
Applications will only be considered if you meet the following:
- Please click apply through this website.
- Include a cover letter detailing how your experience matches the role requirements as outlined in this ad
- Have a VM portfolio or examples of your VM work ready to present
Part-time hours: 24 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends