Position: 3rd or 4th Year Apprentice / Hammerhand
Reports to: Construction Manager
It’s a common misconception that commercial construction is all just big concrete and steel warehouses, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Take a look at our website and Instagram @colspec_construction and you’ll see the varied types of construction we complete locally here in the Manawatu.
The question is, do you want to work for a building company who place a lot of emphasis on the quality of our people who are central to the success and growth of our business? We have an excellent and youthful management team in place, who are dedicated to leading our field teams by providing support to all levels of our staff. Our hours of work (stated below) are guaranteed every week.
At Colspec we currently have a great site team made up from a dedicated group of Carpenters/Apprentices and we’re looking for a couple of individuals with the same quality standards to join our team. We have an active social club, which meets regularly throughout the year. We’re also a big supporter of local businesses, ensuring that all of our work is local in the Manawatu, so you won’t find yourself travelling huge k’s to get to the building site.
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
- A passion for construction
- Able to communicate effectively
- A high level of workmanship and attention to detail
- An eye for detail and a commitment to delivering quality projects
- Can work well and efficiently both unsupervised and within a team
- A positive attitude to Health & Safety in workplace
- An understanding of H&S requirements
- Are prepared to work minimum 44 hours a week; Monday to Friday
- Have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit If you’re looking to relocate, the Manawatu region has received a huge commitment of government funds, which will provide stability for the next 5+ years in the construction sector. The Manawatu is a fantastic place to raise a family and is in close proximity to an abundance of walking tracks, mountain bike trails and beaches.
If you have these attributes and wish to progress your career, please apply in writing, by posting or emailing through your CV and cover letter to:
Hamish O’Brien, General Manager Colspec Construction Limited PO Box 205, Feilding 4740 mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you don’t have a complete or up to date CV and you’d prefer to meet in person to discuss your job opportunity, we’d be happy to organise a meeting. So please give Hamish O’Brien a call on 027 466 0462 to arrange.