We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Manawa Campus, Christchurch
Full-time, fixed-term – Six-month Contract
- Work for a progressive world class tertiary education provider
- Work collaboratively in a well-established team with a strong reputation
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi – About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team. The School of Nursing at Ara currently enjoys a joint Bachelor of Nursing with the Lianoning University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China (LNUTCM), where we are teaching online, delivering the equivalent of our Year 1 Bachelor of Nursing course to the students of LNUTCM. This role will involve preparing course delivery and teaching online via zoom to the students and their teaching assistants. We are focused on delivering a course in Semester 2, 2022 which focuses on mental health nursing, along with other already developed courses of health and interpersonal communication, nursing research and contemporary issues.
The role will suit a registered nurse with a passion for mental health nursing and online teaching and learning. The successful applicant will have a commitment for mental health, supporting our learners in their study, enabling a knowledgeable workforce that is focused on the health needs of our communities. We expect that the successful applicant will also assist in the development of other courses scheduled for delivery in 2023. There is also the opportunity to work with our Ara Bachelor of Nursing students, working as an Academic Liaison Nurse in mental health and addiction clinical practice courses.
The successful applicant will work with a team of staff who are experienced nurse educators. Staff members are expected to work across programmes according to their professional background and educational qualifications. This role requires a passion for nursing and nursing education, has an excellent reputation as a professional, and who can contribute to undergraduate and/or postgraduate education and research. Participating in research projects is an expectation, with a level of involvement in research negotiated as part of the role
This role may suit an experienced educator or someone new to nursing education who is seeking a change in the direction of their career.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako – Skills/experience:
- A minimum of three years full-time clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Clinical and educational qualifications and skills that support teaching of nursing
- Vision, innovation and a commitment to facilitating own and others’ learning
- Digital literacy including – competence using a computer and experience with online learning modalities
- The ability to develop and implement flexible teaching and learning methods, including the use of learning technologies
- Capable of supporting students to achieve their learning outcomes
- The ability to contribute to research outputs
- Time management skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently administer, organise and co-ordinate activities and meet deadlines
- Engagement with assessment and feedback processes
- Teaching experience (if senior academic staff member)
- Effective communication with a diverse range of others, at all levels within and outside the organisation
Mō mātou – About us
Ara Institute of Canterbury Ltd is a vibrant and progressive tertiary institute providing world-class, tertiary-level education throughout the Canterbury and Waitaki region. Our talented employees, innovative business collaborators and supportive community partners are passionate about the role they play in our learners’ success.
As a subsidiary of Te Pūkenga, Ara is committed to giving effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and delivering services in a manner that responds with excellence to the needs of Māori learners and their whānau, as well as the aspirations of iwi and Māori communities throughout our catchment (including Māori employers). To deliver effectively on this commitment, Ara recognises the need for a culturally competent and confident workforce vertically and horizontally across our organisation.
This position will fall under the Covid-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021 and will require the successful candidate to either be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 including any booster doses or have been granted an exemption. The successful candidate will have to submit full details of their vaccination or exemption to comply with our requirement to maintain a record of vaccinations for affected workers.
Tono ināianei – Apply now
We accept applications via our online application system. For a job description and/or to apply online please visit http://www.ara.ac.nz/about-us/work-at-ara
Please note that we will be reviewing applications as they are submitted and may interview prior to the advert closing.
Rā Katinga – Applications close on Sunday, 14 August 2022.