We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Maternity Ward, Dunedin Hospital
Salary Band – $46,182 – $53,803 p.a pro rata + Kiwisaver
- Exciting opportunity to support women and their babies
- Work/life balance – 24 hours per week
Join our maternity team to make a real difference to the experience of new parents, their babies and their families and whānau.
Mō mātou | About us
We consider ourselves to be very fortunate here at the Queen Mary Maternity Unit. Not only do we get to care for fabulous women and families from all across our diverse region, we also get to work alongside kind, compassionate, dedicated midwives and other health professionals to provide a safe and positive birthing experience.
Each year we birth around 1,800 babies and work closely with the midwifery and medical schools to give the kind of care our patients deserve.
Mō te tūranga | About the role
This role will see you assisting staff with direct and non-direct client care activities and maintaining the ward environment to ensure clean, efficient and effective functioning for patients and staff. When caring for our patients, you will assist them by ensuring their basic needs are met. This will involve delivering items such as towels, water and other duties.
Tasks within this role are varied and include (but are not limited to):
- General tidying of the ward
- Clean delivery rooms, Antenatal/Postnatal rooms and clinic rooms.
- Ensure stocks are replenished for the ward
- Maintain equipment within the ward environment
- Data entry
As the service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week you will get the opportunity to work across a variety of shifts.
Mōu ake | About you
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- A positive friendly attitude
- The ability to take direction from registered midwives and nurses as required.
- Experience working with people in the health sector and/or experience or knowledge of customer service
- High standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- The ability to work collaboratively with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Health NZ – Southern
Te Whatu Ora – Southern has the largest geographical coverage of all the New Zealand regions, providing services to 350,000 people in diverse communities. We take pride in all the services we provide, and our aim is to improve, promote and protect the health of our region. We believe that our dedicated and passionate staff are a significant driving force behind the achievement of these standards, and we need more like-minded people to help us continue providing for our community.
Utu whānui |Salary range
This role belongs to the DHBs/NZNO Multi Employer Collective Agreement and falls between the step 1 ($46,182 p.a) and step 5 ($53,809 p.a) pro rata.
Rā mōnehu |Closing Date: Wednesday 17 August 2022
Due to the fast-paced nature of what we do, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
For further information please contact Tara Hobbs, Recruitment Advisor – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you currently work for Te Whatu Ora- Health New Zealand – Southern , please apply for this role via our internal careers site, found here: Pulse > Applications > Corporate > SuccessFactors
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- COVID-19 vaccination