We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- Part-time 0.4 FTE position available (16 hours per week)
- Fixed-term covid pandemic support until 31 December 2022
- Weekend shifts
- Secondments considered
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional senior nurse looking to take the next step in their nursing career. Our current Covid-19 ward (Ward 7A) based in Dunedin Hospital is inviting applications from employees wishing to join us as Associate Charge Nurse Manager (ACNM) on a part-time, fixed-term basis to provide further support to the team during the current pandemic.
About the Role
This particular role is to provide ACNM morning cover on the covid ward up until the end of year. We have ACNM cover in place Mondays to Fridays, but we are looking for additional support at weekends due to the increased acuity and demand in this area. As well as primarily supporting Ward 7A, there may be the need to support the wider 7th floor as and when required.
Our vision is to be a centre of clinical care and excellence. The team has a strong focus on customer service and its success is reliant on effective communication and teamwork. Key accountabilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Operational Management of the department: Coordinating resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff, managing staff and patient flows on a shift by shift basis, both across the department and between wards.
- Team Management of the department: supervision of nursing staff, providing clinical leadership on a shift by shift basis to establish and maintain a high standard of patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Quality and Risk Management, contributing to the department’s risk minimisation activities and service activities, fostering a quality improvement culture.
- Education, Research & Evidenced based practice, both role modelling and providing staff with clinical educational support.
You must bring a clear focussed vision; strive for contemporary practice, and be ‘firm, but fair,’ with the ability to inspire staff and be their advocate when needed. Here within the Medical Directorate at Southern DHB we seek leaders who embody our core values, believe strongly in the value of education and research, and are able to build solid networks, both within the DHB and nationally.
Your clinical credibility in nursing will be complemented by your advanced communication skills; you’ll be a natural at building successful working relationships and have proven experience in conflict resolution and mediation. Naturally a glass half full person, you will be an adept problem solver, with the flexibility to make sound clinical and leadership decisions on your feet.
The successful Associate Charge Nurse Manager will have a current NZ APC, with relevant post-graduate nursing experience, and be looking to develop their advanced nursing and leadership skills. You should have or be working towards PDRP Level 3.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for then apply today!
Do you currently work for Southern DHB? If so, please apply for this role via the internal careers site.
Closing Date: Sunday, 26 June 2022
Due to the fast-paced nature of the DHB, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Karen Cope, Recruitment Advisor – Medical Directorate. Email: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
In the interests of protecting our people and our patients, all appointments will be subject to:
- Occupational Health Assessment
- Police Vetting / Ministry of Justice safety checks
- Serious misconduct checks (previous Public Service departments and statutory Crown entities only)
- Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Southern DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated and have received a booster vaccine against COVID-19. You will need to provide proof of this to Occupational Health staff