- Fulltime, 6 month fixed term appointment to June 2022
- Entry level or Graduate level role
- Location, Petone
Who are we:
We manage the drinking water, wastewater and storm water services from source to sea for our client councils, who are the Hutt, Porirua, Upper Hutt and Wellington city councils, South Wairarapa District Council and Greater Wellington Regional Council. We partner with the community, engineering consultants and contractors on water services projects, water conservation, operations work and asset planning.
Where do you come in:
We are looking for a recent graduate, or a qualified industrial electrician who is looking for a new career.
The purpose of this role is to design, implement, maintain, monitor and document the automation and data acquisition systems of water treatment plant processes, reservoirs and pump stations.
This role sits within Wellington the Network Management group, who are responsible for the operation and maintenance of treatment facilities for water and wastewater. They ensure that control systems and processes are in place, so our water networks are reliable and that they meet our stringent quality requirements, and ensures we are focused on technological innovation by investigating and delivering new smart services.
To be successful in this role, you will have in interest in:
- Ensuring operational data collection, storage and reporting is complete, accurate, secure and reliable via the Control, Telemetry and Instrumentation Systems (CTI’s).
- Ensuring all water treatment plants and pump stations control in a robust and reliable manner by interpreting functional descriptions, creating code and developing documentation to achieve desired results.
- Monitoring all control and telemetry systems to verify desired functionality is being achieved and that the automation system provides quality and reliable information.
- Project managing upgrade paths of all automation equipment to avoid failures or compromising the safety and quality of water supply.
- Contributing to continuous improvement efforts in Project and Programme Management by identifying process gaps.
Qualifications and role requirements:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Electrical, Software or Mechatronics Engineering, or a Registered NZ Electrician
- Ability to respond to emergency events if necessary, including urgent control and telemetry equipment failures outside of normal working hours.
- Proven skills in software analysis
- Ability to think laterally and innovatively, with a preference to work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Ability to take the initiative and desire to learn
- Current NZ driver’s licence
What’s in it for you:
It’s an exciting time to join our organisation. We have some big aspirations to become an innovative centre of excellence for the management of three waters in the region. Your personal and professional growth will be encouraged, and you will work alongside likeminded people who are passionate about their work and have a strong sense of purpose for the region and its councils
This role closes on Sunday 9th January 2022 – apply today by providing a cover letter, CV and answering a few questions about you and your experience for this role.
Applicants will be required to be double vaccinated for Covid plus undergo drug, alcohol, and medical testing prior to commencing employment with Wellington Water. You must also be legally entitled to work long-term in New Zealand.