Heretaunga haukunui, Heretaunga ararau, Heretaunga haaro te kaahu, Heretaunga takoto noa!
Welcome to Heretaunga, the area renowned for its rich and fertile landscape that is sustained by its life-giving dews and waterways. Welcome to Heretaunga, whose beauty is observed by the sharp eye of the harrier hawk; a landscape rich in history and with an esteemed legacy of caring and providing for its inhabitants.
Taitara Mahi – Learning and Discovery Librarian
Fixed Term Part Time – 30 hours per week (This position if fixed term until 30 June 2022)
Hastings District Libraries has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly organized people person to join the Learning and Discovery team. This is a fixed term part time position working Monday to Friday, with an occasional rostered Tuesday to Saturday, and will work across the three library facilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering offerings spanning our entire customer base, from babies to elderly and both in-person and virtually. This role would suit someone who is outgoing and not afraid of speaking to groups, telling stories to children, getting their dance on in front of a gaggle of babies, running our epic Nerf Wars, or talking books with avid readers. If you are a lover of technology and gaming – this is also the job for you.
Ou wheako –about you,
To be successful in this role you will:
- have excellent customer service experience
- an interest in working with a diverse range of people in a busy and vibrant environment. Every day responsibilities as part of the wider team include issuing, returning and shelving of stock, answering enquiries, providing internet access and other general library duties.
- Experience working in a public library (advantage)
- Sound IT skills across a range of platforms, devices and media
- Evidence of organising or delivering activities or programmes (required)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Are you keen to be a part of our journey? Apply today! please supply a covering letter, with your CV, detailing why you think you are an ideal candidate for this role.