We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Successful candidates will be responsible for installing fibre connections to homes and business premises.
- Qualification in Computing/Networking/Information Technology/Electrical/System Administration OR Telecommunications stream
- Minimum of 1 years relevant experience/Entry Level position as Technician in the ICT/Telecommunications industry in NZ
- Full Driver’s License
- WTC1, WTC3, First Aid
- Able to work as Lead Technician unsupervised
- Strong communication skills – orally and in writing
- Be computer literate and have practical computer skills for connecting hardware
- Be fit and healthy
- The Health, Safety and Well-being of our staff and those we work around is of utmost importance to us and a key element of this role, the ability to display this on a daily, ongoing basis is essential.
- Installing CCTVs
- Installing Access points and Wi-Fi extenders
- Assess locations specified for installation of networking equipment
- UFB (Ultra-Fast Broadband) Network infrastructure design for business and residential customers as per standards.
- Reading site plans, maps and drawings to establish positioning of network.
- Installation and Programming ONT (Optical Network Terminal).
- Programming and Configuring SLID (Subscriber Line ID) on ONT (Optical Network Terminal) and running speed tests over fibre.
- Testing fibre-optic connections with the help of fibre inspection kit, power meter and VFL.
- Replacing and repairing faulty telecommunications equipment such as phone jack points and RJ12/45.
- Scoping with customers about Lead in Path and Installation method for new connections.
- Coordinate with service providers to analyzing and troubleshooting faults.
- Installing and joining cabling for telecommunication services.
- Calibrating telecommunication tools and testing equipment.
- Maintenance of network systems and resolve any issues that arise.
- Testing and maintaining aerial and underground telecommunication network cables.
- Install CAT6/5E cable from Fibre Termination Point to the desired location of ONT and RGW.
- Locating network faults using various instruments and measuring equipment.
- Connecting fibre-optic cables by fusion splicing at FAT, CABINET, FTP and ONT.
- Mounting ITP and integrating complex network wiring.
- Configuration of customer-owned computers for internet and Wi-Fi access.
- Setup and configure computer networks including LAN and Wi-Fi under Windows and MAC environment using Routers, Modems, and Gateways.
- Troubleshoot all network technology related problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair or replace any network-related hardware provided.
- Monitor all services, identify issues and resolve any problems in equipment.
- Perform maintenance work on network, initiate test and perform troubleshooting.
- Taking DB loss readings at all splinter points and terminated ends.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Subcontract, Casual
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $45,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
- Professional development assistance
- Visa sponsorship
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Masterton, Wellington: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Graduate Diploma / Graduate Certificate (Required)
- Telecommunication Technician: 1 year (Required)