Do you enjoy working outdoors and take pride in your work?
A permanent full-time role with training and advancement opportunities.
Recreational Services is a family-owned business that offers full facility and parks maintenance services, operating across New Zealand. Recreational Services prides itself with its very special culture that is committed to professionalism, ownership, people and knowledge.
We are seeking an energetic gardener to join our Kerikeri based team, on a permanent, full-time basis (40 hours per week).
Reporting to the Team Manager, you will be responsible for general garden maintenance duties which includes plant identification, weeding, hedge trimming, planting, pruning, vegetation control, mowing, weed-eating and basic plant mechanical maintenance.
The ability to work as part of a wider team to meet contract requirements is critical to the role; it’s how we work as a company.
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in the role
- A relevant qualification (or equivalent) in Amenity Horticulture is preferred.
(If you’re studying part time now, it may be enough to start)
- A minimum of 2 years practical experience in a similar type of work.
- A current full driver’s licence with the ability to drive a manual vehicle.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills.
- A willingness to accept responsibility and ownership of jobs whilst working as part of a wider team.
- Be able to prioritise, and ability to work within timeframes.
- You will have a positive attitude to life and work, a great work ethic, and be self-motivated.
Here is what we can offer you
- A fulltime role with long term prospects to grow your career.
- Performance-based salaries that are reviewed.
- An annual tool allowance and a $300 annual wellness benefit every year.
- A work-life balance so you can spend time with the people you care about.
- Be part of a unique, family orientated company which cares about their people
- The opportunity to give back to the community.
- We are committed to developing our people and offer opportunities for internal and external training.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a passionate and enthusiastic team, so if you are interested in this role then we want to hear from you.
To apply for this role, to submit your application. Please note that we are only be accepting online applications. For any questions email email@example.com