Novotel New Plymouth Taranaki opened in December 2015. The exceptionally designed hotel creates a sensational impression at the entrance to New Plymouth CBD. Novotel New Plymouth has 85 rooms, serves a breakfast buffet and a la carte, has an a la carte lunch and dinner restaurant and bar, conference facilities for up to 250 delegates and an on-site fitness centre.
Our guest feedback on the cleanliness of our hotel rooms and facilities is second to none. We pride ourselves on being the best at what we do and our guests rave about our spotless hotel.
To continue our focus on quality, we are seeking a Houseperson / Public Area Cleaner to join our amazing team.
Working closely with the housekeeping team and reporting to our Executive Housekeeper, we require our ideal candidates to be reliable, adaptable, willing to be part of the team, guest-focused, and performance-driven – keeping emphasis on what our guests want.
Please note to be considered for any of the roles you must reside in New Zealand and either be a New Zealand citizen, resident or hold a current valid work visa which will be valid for at least the next year.
- Previous housekeeping (cleaning) experience in a hotel is an advantage, but not required
- Commitment to customer service excellence
- Friendly, helpful and positive attitude.
- Effective communication skills
- Physically able, energetic and fit
- Extremely reliable and punctual
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and make use of your excellent time management skills to adhere to strict timelines.
- Ability to work a variety of hours which includes weekends across a weekly roster.
- A keen eye for detail and PASSION for quality and presentation
- Ability to confidently and logically problem solve
- Personal presentation and high level of communication – both verbal & written.
- Linen and amenity stock take and orders.
- Ability to work shifts with allocations between 07:00 – 13:00
This role requires a hands-on person to perform a combination of tasks. You will help maintain the hotel’s public areas (inside and outside) in a clean and orderly manner, support the housekeeping team in their daily tasks while they are cleaning their rooms, and respond to guest requests.
You will be required to work mostly day shifts, from 7:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and 06:00 on Saturday and Sunday. The person will unless otherwise arranged have 2 days off per week on a Thursday and Friday. 1 weekend off per month will be available on request and will depend on the availability of another team member to stand in for you.
This is a physically demanding role.
This role will be broken up into two parts:
1) Monday to Wednesday from 07:00 – Public Area Duties (inside and outside) on a 4-week schedule:
- washing and vacuuming the hotel vehicles
- mowing the lawn
- washing garbage bins
- walking the parking lot to check for and pick up papers, etc
- maintaining clean and safe grounds
- sweeping and/or blowing of leaves
- garden work
- keeping outside patio areas clean
- window washing (lower level) – inside and outside
- carpet cleaning
2) Saturday and Sunday from 06:00 – House person and Public Area Duties (inside)
- maintain the cleanliness of the lobby, meeting rooms, restrooms, gym, and all public spaces throughout the shift (Sweep, mop, vacuum lobby, empty all trash cans)
- complete trash and linen run for the room attendants
- assist with inventory control, stock and organize supplies and maintain the storerooms in a neat and orderly manner
- collect used guest amenities and soaps for recycling
- Able to stand for long periods of time, be energetic and fit, perform physical and repetitious tasks including pushing, pulling, lifting (heavy up to 25 kgs), and gripping.
- Able to work 5 days per week as specified above, from 6:00 / 7:00 in the morning respectively, including weekdays, weekends, and public holidays
Part-time hours: 25 per week
* You need to be a New Plymouth resident and have a valid work visa (still valid for at least a year), residency or citizenship
** Our hotel will require all employees and guests to present a My Vaccine Pass from the 17th January 2022.
Should you be interested, please click the ‘APPLY’ button now, submit your cv and a cover letter explaining how your skills and knowledge fit the job description and why you would be the perfect candidate for the role.
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Public holidays
- Weekend availability
Our hotel will require all employees and guests to present a My Vaccine Pass from the 17th January 2022.