We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
All about Porirua City
Our city is changing and we need skilled people to help make that happen. Working for Porirua City is an opportunity for you to make a real difference in the community. You’ll be welcomed into a team that’s collaborative, values input and empowers you to make things happen. To top it off, the harbour and bush are at your doorstep; it’s the perfect place to work.
All about the role
This will be a popular vacancy, working part time in our Porirua Library as a Library Assistant in our Client Services team. We are looking for someone with previous experience working in a library and a passion for providing excellent customer service to our community. You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the provision of customer focused, innovated and effective library services at the Porirua Library
- Assisting with reference enquiries
- Creating a welcoming and stimulating environment for visitors to the library
- General front desk duties such as answering general customer queries and issuing and returning items
- Shelving returned items
- Assisting with the opening and closing of the library on a Saturday.
This is a part time position working 14 hours a week on Thursday and Friday from 9:30am to 12:30pm and Saturday from 8.30am to 5.30pm
All about you
It would be fabulous if you have a strong desire to encourage literacy for our community and are passionate about customer service. It would be great if you can show us that you:
- Have previous experience working in a library environment
- will focus on customer service being at the heart of everything you do
- are organised, reliable and committed to working as part of a team
- are methodical and conscientious in your approach to work to ensure accurate shelving of library items
- It would be a bonus if you are a qualified librarian or a working towards a qualification ?
To reduce the risk of harm of Covid-19 to our staff and our community, Council require all staff to be fully vaccinated. It has therefore been determined that this role may only be performed by a person who is fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Need more information? Contact Desiree Flaws on 237 3813 or email Desiree.Flaws@poriruacity.govt.nz.
Applications need to be received via our Careers Portal by Thursday 27 January 2022.
Permanent Part Time
Job no: AOAL24957
Closing Date: Thursday, 27 January 2022