We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Top Energy has operations throughout the Far North. The Company is privately owned by a power consumer trust and employs staff in Geothermal Generation and Distribution Lines operations. It is an exciting time to join our valued team, with electricity having an increasingly critical role to play as we electrify the country and move to a low carbon future.
We are seeking an experienced Line Mechanic to install, maintain and repair electrical distribution lines and associated equipment, including the provision of emergency repairs and out of hours fault rectification.
This position reports to the Construction Supervisor and can be based at either our Puketona Depot or our Kaitaia Depot.
Your key areas of focus will be dynamic, including:
- Providing line construction services including poles and other line support structures, conductors, transformers, switches, earth banks and all associated equipment
- Maintaining and overhauling distribution lines and equipment, conducting scheduled maintenance and testing
- Network fault identification and rectification
- Providing a cable laying service, including testing and livening
- Vegetation control identification and clearing of small vegetation on or over lines as required
- Post task administration and maintenance of equipment to appropriate standards
- Participation in the after-hours roster for fault restoration
To succeed in this role, you will hold a current Practising Licence as an EWRB Registered Line Mechanic, along with a minimum of two years’ industry experience as a Line Mechanic. You must hold a full NZ Driver Licence including classes 1 and 2, and preferably up to class 5 would be an advantage. You must be a competent HIAB Operator, an Overhead Switching Operator, and a competent EWP operator. It is essential that you hold a Chainsaw certification and have no colour blindness.
Additional skills and attributes:
- Strong Health and Safety focus
- Excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Team player attitude
- Be highly organised and have great attention to detail
- Customer service focus
If you’d love to be part of a great team up here in the Far North, put in your application today. We at Top Energy are committed to provide a diverse and inclusive friendly work environment, where we work together and can all be ourselves.
We have a Drug and Alcohol Workplace Policy. Before any offer of employment is made, the short-listed candidate(s) will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical check which will include a drug and alcohol test. To keep our employees, customers and the community safe at Top Energy, all successful candidates are required to be fully Covid-19 vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless an exemption has been approved.
Due to current border restrictions, unfortunately applications from international candidates or those without the right to work in New Zealand cannot be considered.