We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Learning Support, Te Mahau | Te Tai Runga, Wellington Region
Permanent full-time position available
Based at our Lower Hutt office
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
If you are an Occupational Therapist (OT) practitioner and ready for new challenges this could be your next career step. We can offer a friendly and supportive workplace environment, for an enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated OT.
The Ministry of Education provides support to pre-school and school-age children through our Early Intervention, Behaviour and Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) services.
This is a key role where you’ll be working with a transdisciplinary team around a student, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, helping them meet their educational goals through guidance and intervention plans.
You’ll need to be highly motivated, committed to, and experienced in providing services and therapies for children and young people with moderate to severe disabilities.
The role involves:
- providing support and guidance to schools, teachers and families to improve outcomes for children with additional learning needs
- designing specialist intervention plans individual (or group) for children and young people
- assessing, collaboratively planning, supporting and monitoring the implementation of plans
- facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
- effective interventions as part of a transdisciplinary team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy or equivalent qualification
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- A current full driver’s licence as travel is a requirement of this role.
Knowledge of tikanga and Te reo Māori would be an advantage, given our commitment to the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi.
You must be registered as an Occupational Therapist under the Health Practitioners Competency Assurance Act to apply for this position.
As part of your application please include a cover letter together with CV, addressed to Rosalie Hunt, Service Manager, Learning Support, Ministry of Education.
Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
To be offered this role, successful applicant/s will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption and provide evidence of their vaccination status.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online’ button. For further information please contact Des James on 04 463 2845.
Applications close on 17th January 2022