We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Oral Health Therapy Trainee Students, Community Oral Health
- Are you intending to study and have been accepted into the 3 year Bachelor of Oral Health at Otago University, or Bachelor of Health Science (Oral Health) at AUT?
- Are you already studying Bachelor of Oral Health at Otago University, or Bachelor of Health Science (Oral Health) at AUT?
Te Whatu Ora Taranaki employs a dental team which includes Oral Health Therapists, and we are excited to be able to support more people to train to become Oral Health Therapists.
For those accepted to study the 3 year degree, the support will include:
- Employment with the service in a Dental Assistant capacity for the duration of the training (3 years), working during semester breaks and university holidays;
- Guaranteed permanent Full-time employment as an Oral Health Therapist upon successful completion of the training;
- Financial assistance will be paid out after gaining the qualification in three annual sums, one per year of employment.
We would like applications from people who:
- Have been accepted into the 3 year Bachelor of Oral Health at Otago University, or Bachelor of Health Science (Oral Health) at AUT;
- Currently studying Bachelor of Oral Health at Otago University, or Bachelor of Health Science (Oral Health) at AUT;
- Have good communication skills;
- Want to work with children and young people;
- Enjoy being part of a team.
Oral Health Therapists play an important role in improving overall health. They:
- Educate and motivate people to maintain good oral health;
- Promote oral health in the community by providing relevant education and information, and working with other health services and groups such as parents’ groups, play groups and parents and citizens’ associations, residential care settings and schools;
- Provide routine dental treatment for people of all ages, including dental examinations and diagnosis, cleaning, scaling and polishing teeth, filling cavities and extracting deciduous (baby) teeth under local anaesthetic;
- Take x-rays of teeth and jaws, apply sealants and fluoride therapy, and can take impressions for mouthguard construction;
- Liaise with other healthcare providers to support oral health as part of general health.
Training is provided at either School of Dentistry, University of Otago in Dunedin, or Auckland University of Technology (AUT). Entry requirements are different at both University’s however school-leavers require a minimum of NCEA Level 3 including Biology. More information is on their websites including information for those currently studying NCEA Level 3, those who have not achieved NCEA Level 3, and older students (Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH), Qualifications, University of Otago, New Zealand and Study Oral Health – Bachelor of Health Science – AUT).
Click here to view the Dental Assistant position description.
If you are interested in being supported to train as an Oral Health Therapist, please Apply Online” within the advertisement.
For more information about the position please contact Linda Tuck, Manager Community Oral Health on 06 7597 222 ext 7963 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31st September 2022.