We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Support Worker – Intensive Support Services
As part of the Intensive Support Services team, you will assist our rangitahi/young people to live their best life – to live as independently as possible, within their homes, school and community. You will help our rangitahi/young people to achieve their goals and dreams and reach their potential, through both practical and emotional support. Responsibilities can be varied and you will follow a support plan, which may include some or all of the below:
- Embedding Positive Behaviour Support in your work
- Working as a team to provide consistency in your approach
- Support to go to school or access education
- Observing and responding to health concerns OR Supporting overall health and wellbeing of the young person
- Support rangitahi/ young people to work towards and attain their goals, improve outcomes
We are looking for part time Support Workers in the Palmerston North region. Shifts can include day time support, as well as night shifts and sleepovers, so availability across weekdays and weekends is important for this role.
What’s in it for you?
- You can enjoy building upon your existing skill set in a supportive and dynamic environment. We provide a career pathway for staff through the learning and development framework with the opportunity to progress once you have completed our fully funded NZQA training and qualifications.
- Clinical Supervision to support best practice
- Bespoke training that is tailored to the needs of the rangitahi/ young person
What are we looking for?
- A desire to support our rangitahi / young people to learn new skills and achieve outcomes
- Previous experience working with young people/rangitahi
- An understanding of Intellectual disability and Autism
- Creativity ‘out of the box’ thinking and a team player
- A full NZ driver’s license
If you are passionate about improving the outcomes for our rangitahi/ young people and are committed to working as a team and
Mēnā he tangata ngākaunui ana koe ki te tautoko i ngā momo tāngata, tēnā pea, kei konei he tūranga mōu.Tukua mai tō tono ki NZCare!
The right to work in N.Z and willingness to undergo Police Vetting and additional Vulnerable Children Safety checking are essential to be considered for this position. NZCare Disability is committed to ensuring the good health and wellbeing of its staff and the people they support by operating a smoke-free environment.