We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
- You will be supporting are two autistic males in their 30s, who reside at a residence operated by Community Connections, with the aim of getting into the community as much as possible.
- Activities that they love are going to the gym, swimming, bowling, cycling, going to cafés and visiting the library.
This role is for 20 hours per week.
Must be fully vaccinated
About the role
- Planning and delivering support to people in their homes and communities
- Helping people connect with their communities, live the life they want and achieve their goals
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will
- Have experience and confidence with working with challenging behavior
- Have experience and understanding of supporting someone with autism
- Be flexible in communication styles
- Be a people person, able to build trusting and respectful relationships
- Be able to work creatively and problem-solve
- Have good community knowledge and be able to develop networks
- Ideally have a level 3 qualification in Health and Wellbeing and a current first aid certificate (although training can be provided for the right person)
- Have an understanding of bi-cultural practice in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Be comfortable with technology – Community Connections has a cloud-based database and rostering system that staff need to access with their mobile devices
- Have experience working with people who are autistic and/or non-verbal
- Have experience managing challenging behavior
- Have a full driver’s license
- Willing to cover sleepovers shifts.
- Pay rate is between $22.75 and $27.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
- Flexible working options
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive team environment
- Making positive differences in people’s lives and in the community
How to apply
Email your CV and cover letter and quote reference number: REC007
About Community Connections
We are a community based disability support provider that operates across much of the North Island. Our vision is of an inclusive New Zealand where people with disabilities are embraced as fully participating citizens, where barriers to inclusion are removed, and where all people are respected and valued for who they are.
We believe that people with disabilities can and should live the life they choose, on their own terms and within the community of their choice.
Community Connections is an Equal Employment Opportunities employer, and we love diversity in what we do and whom we employ. We are committed to Te Tiriti O Waitangi, the UN Convention of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and the NZ Disability Strategy. We encourage people with lived experience of disability, mental health, Māori, Pasifika, people from other backgrounds and/or from LGBTQIA+ community to apply.