We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Permanent Part Time 12 hours per fortnight – Stratford
Casual hours – New Plymouth
Taranaki Pathology Services provides high quality diagnostic pathology services to the community, health care professionals and their patients. Taranaki Pathology is owned by APHG a healthcare company committed to providing facilities and services that deliver exceptional care to its clients.
Our Patient Services Department is responsible for the collection of blood samples and handling contained specimens, i.e. human blood, faeces, urine, tissue etc from patients within the community and the hospital. These samples are then processed and tested in our state of the art medical laboratory.
Our Phlebotomists work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team to provide excellent front line collection services, while demonstrating behaviours that reflect our company values. Our goal is to provide a professional customer service link between health professionals, the public and our laboratory staff.
This is a public facing role, so to be successful you will have excellent customer service skills, be warm and friendly, adaptable to individual needs, and have a can-do attitude. Previous experience in the Healthcare sector and/or knowledge of medical terminology is desirable, but not essential.
We have two vacancies:
- 1 x permanent part-time role of 12 hours per fortnight, based in Stratford
- 1 x casual role, based in New Plymouth.
The ideal candidate will hold a QMLT in Phlebotomy or similar. However, for the right candidate, Taranaki Pathology Services will provide full on the job training programme in Phlebotomy while supporting you to become a Qualified Phlebotomy Practitioner with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate previous experience in a customer facing role and a positive, friendly approach
- Demonstrate cultural and social sensitivity and be sensitive to special needs
- Be able to accurately follow detailed instructions and procedures in a fast-paced environment
- Be highly motivated towards learning and development in order to develop technical competency in Phlebotomy and other specimen collection procedures
- Have adaptable IT skills
- Hold a current full NZ drivers licence
- Be a New Zealand citizen or hold a permanent resident visa.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
If this sounds like you, and you want to be part of a friendly supportive team committed to providing quality Phlebotomy Services to the Taranaki region, please apply online via our website: www.aphgcareers.co.nz
Applications Close 27 January 2022