We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Macroeconomic and Fiscal Policy – Leadership opportunity
- Provide advice on macro and fiscal policy frameworks and strategy
- Lead interesting and challenging policy projects
- Be part of a supportive team and contribute to a range of macroeconomic and fiscal policy analysis and advice
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga – The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand’s finances and are the Government’s trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Role
We have an opportunity for a Principal Advisor to join our Macroeconomic & Fiscal Policy team. In this role, you will have a significant opportunity to influence and help shape the macroeconomic policy agenda, including providing advice to the Minister of Finance.
In the past two years, New Zealand has gone from having interest rates at historic lows to having inflation at 30-year highs. What will the next challenge be?
Our team leads significant policy projects to help ensure the New Zealand economy and public finances remain resilient, stable and sustainable. This role works alongside the Manager and Team Leader and includes:
- Leading the development of advice on domestic and international macroeconomic developments and implications for policy, specifically monetary and fiscal policy
- Supporting the development of fiscal strategy advice and ensuring that the team’s advice is analytically robust and high quality
- Shaping and driving the fiscal and macro work programmes to ensure we are prepared to provide advice on current and future challenges
- Providing intellectual and people leadership across the Treasury’s macroeconomic-related teams
- Working across the Treasury’s core system teams to ensure broader fiscal strategy advice is well coordinated and robust
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff and working through others to deliver advice
- From time to time, representing the Treasury externally.
Ō pūmanawa | About You
You will be a strong intellectual and people leader able to work across teams to provide constructive challenge, ensure the quality of Treasury’s advice, proactively identify gaps or risks and work collaboratively to address these. You will also have strong communication and relationship skills, be able to work collaboratively with a range of people and influence effectively. You will have experience in leading work programmes and influencing outcomes.
This role would suit either a policy generalist with a strong interest in learning about macroeconomic policy issues; or a macroeconomic specialist with experience giving advice in a policy institution.
We are also interested in hearing from candidates who may be looking for a more direct people leadership opportunity.
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
You will be surrounded by a team full of passionate and curious individuals and have a front row seat to what is happening in the New Zealand economy.
- A commitment to providing work and training opportunities that support your development and career aspirations
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees.
If you would like further information on the role,