We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Sep 6, 2022 – 11:59 PM EDT
About North Shore Community College:
North Shore Community College is a diverse, caring, inclusive community that inspires our students to become engaged citizens and to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals through accessible, affordable, rigorous educational opportunities that are aligned with our region’s workforce needs and will prepare them for life in a changing world. NSCC is one of 15 Massachusetts community colleges, which serves the 26 cities and towns north of Boston. Since its founding in 1965, NSCC has grown from a single leased building to an urban campus in downtown Lynn and a suburban campus in Danvers, and from five to 80 academic programs of study. Nearly 50,000 students have graduated from NSCC. The college is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Part-time Tutor-Linked Course Leader (TLC)
Campus Location: Remote and Lynn (hybrid)
Work Schedule: Varies; 8-12 hours per week.
Non-benefited, grant funded position
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
This is an embedded tutoring position designed for NSCC students. The mission of North Shore Community College’s Tutoring Centers is to support the learning efforts of the students, faculty teaching, and the larger goals within each program of study.
Tutoring is an academic support strategy which seeks to increase the probability of academic success. The TLC leader will facilitate group study sessions and/or conduct tutoring sessions for students in assigned course section(s);sit in on class meetings for assigned section(s) and participate in class activities as agreed with instructor; and tutor for additional subjects in the Tutoring Center as assigned. The tutor will also participate in required training sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Anticipated course needs include SPE102, MAT110, and MAT 140, and Anatomy and Physiology, but other subjects may also become available.
- Facilitate group study or tutoring sessions in area of expertise;
- Tutor students individually in area(s) of expertise as well as academic and study skills;
- Offer referrals to tutoring, Academic Advising, Financial Services, Accessibility Services, and other support services;
- Escalate any concerns about a tutoring student to supervisor;
- Attend assigned class sessions and serve as a role model for current students;
- Promote tutoring services in classes;
- Attend required tutor training sessions and staff meetings throughout the semester;
- Create TutorTrac records of student attendance at study sessions and tutorials;
- Meet with assigned faculty member on a regular basis;
- Perform other duties as necessary and as requested by the supervisor.
- Recent B+ or higher grade from North Shore Community College in assigned tutoring courses;
- Endorsement of a faculty member for each subject area tutored;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Cooperates and works well with both peers and supervisors.
- Ability to work remotely if needed with access to reliable internet for regular video conference activities.
- Demonstrates qualities of patience and empathy; respect for students of all genders, gender identities, cultural/ethnic backgrounds, ages, and abilities.
- Successful experience interacting with culturally diverse populations
- Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or a National background check as a condition of employment.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all North Shore Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
SALARY: $16.00 per hour. This is a non-benefited position, 8-12 hours per week.
STARTING DATE: Anticipated September 6, 2022
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College’s Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights.
Submit cover letter and resume. Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide the name, address, email and telephone number of at least three current professional references before the interview takes place.