We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Unique opportunity to work on a wide range of economic and fiscal policy issues at the heart of central government!
- Are you interested in fiscal policy and macroeconomic issues?
- Are you skilled in using data and quantitative analysis to provide policy insight?
- Do you have a passion for data and analysis?
Mō mātou | About Us
At Te Tai Ōhanga – The Treasury, we are committed to Tiakitanga to make Aotearoa a better place for people today and in the future. We safeguard New Zealand’s finances and are the Government’s trusted economic advisor. Our vision is to lift living standards for all New Zealanders.
We have opportunities for an Economic Statistician and a Macroeconomic Modelling Specialist to join our Forecasting, Modelling & Research Teams. These roles would suit analysts with a few years of experience who are interested in using and applying their excellent quantitative skills to help shape analytical and policy projects. You will be joining one of our three macroeconomic teams, which together represent one of the largest groupings of macroeconomic expertise in New Zealand.
Together, our teams are responsible for:
- Monitoring and quantitative analysis on international and domestic economic developments
- Advising the Government on monetary and fiscal policy frameworks, and on its fiscal strategy
- Producing the economic and fiscal forecasts and projections published in the Budget and regular Economic and Fiscal Updates, and the Long-Term Fiscal Statement
- Contributing to a wide range of economic policy issues and discussions both within the Treasury and externally, including through original research and modelling
Kōrero mō te tūranga | About the Roles
There are two roles available. The Macroeconomic Modelling Specialist role is based in the Modelling & Research team and will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating our fiscal indicators and projections models
- Providing fiscal scenarios and projections
- Contributing to analysis on relevant macroeconomic and fiscal policy issues
- Working across teams to provide technical/modelling support to help shape debate
The newly created Economic Statistician role is based in the Forecasting team and will be responsible for:
- Leading the implementation of our data strategy to improve the collection, presentation and publication of economic data and analysis
- Working closely with key stakeholders, including data providers and customers to improve the access, use and understanding of quantitative information
- Contributing to the development of analysis on relevant macroeconomic and fiscal policy issues
- Collaborating to provide model-based forecasts/policy advice
- Working across teams to provide technical support in using and analysing quantitative information
Ō pūmanawa | About You
To be successful in either of these roles, you will bring with you:
- Experience working with economic or fiscal time series
- A strong tertiary qualification in economics or related disciplines (statistics or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with non-technical audiences to convey findings
- Programming experience would be an advantage
Ko ngā hua | What we Offer
- Excellent mentoring support and interesting and exciting work across a range of areas
- The opportunity to work in a supportive and high-performing team and internal opportunities across the organisation
- An environment where excellence is recognised, and staff are encouraged to develop their own talents and potential
- A workplace that values diversity and inclusion and recognises the value of your lived experiences
- Flexible work arrangements and encouragement to enjoy a positive work/life balance with and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives.
- 5 weeks annual leave for permanent full-time employees (pro-rated for part-time employees)
Tono mai ināianei | Apply Now