We collect job opportunities from many sources and post here. We are specially targeting casual and temporary jobs which are suited for university students to earn while they study. Most of the job openings are from the location where famous universities are located.
Please find the below latest job opportunity
Come join our team!
Check out our video clip click here to see what it’s like to work as a Rail Safety Protector for KiwiRail.
If keeping people safe is your passion, then have you ever thought about using your skills to build a meaningful and interesting career with an iconic kiwi company?
- Great earning potential (competitive hourly rate plus overtime/penal rates for weekend and night shifts)
- Structured pathway for career progression
The opportunity we have:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Safety Protector to secure a permanent position with an iconic Kiwi company. The key focus of this role is to provide onsite safety protection for staff and contractors working on the rail.
In this role you will take ownership of the following duties:
- Communicating with staff and contractors working on the rail
- Assist with the preperation of safety plans
- Review land entry permits for contractors
- Liasing with customers, subcontractors and train control daily
- Conducting a job plan and safety briefing for a worksite
- Complete forms and documents as and when required
You will need to understand and follow the rules and processes to keep people safe.
What skills are we looking for:
- Experience as a Rail Protector will be a distinct advantage
- You must be able to follow rules 100% of the time
- You will be a confident communicator, able to interact with people either face-to-face or over the radio
- You will be passionate about keeping people and keeping them safe at work
- You will enjoy working outdoors as part of a team, or sometimes independently
It is critical you are alert, conscious of your surroundings, and aware of where people in the rail corridor are at all times. Being able to adapt to changing conditions and being able to think on your feet will make you an ideal candidate for this job. It is also very important to build rapport with key stakeholders such as Project Managers, Project Engineers, Track Workers, Train Control etc
It is essential you have:
- Full driver’s licence, Class 2 licence will be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and radio communication experience will be advantageous
- Good computer skills with an eye for detail
- Be physically fit and happy to work in all weather conditions
- Available to work non-standard hours as required (including nights, weekends and public holidays)
- Health and Safety focus with the ability to think outside the square
- A guaranteed 4% increase effective November 2022
- Full paid training and support to gain rail qualifications, certificates and required licenses to set you up for success
- Structured career development prospects within the Rail industry
Our Safety Protectors are trained staff who make sure employees and public don’t get hurt by trains and this is a great opportunity to learn while you work.
You must also be able to pass a Ministry of Justice check and complete a mandatory medical and drug test to be considered for this role.
You must have full working rights to NZ to apply for this role as it cannot support a visa application.
Job description: Rail Safety Officer